Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

If more notaries were proactive about taking these steps to
Posted by  101livescan of CA on 4/5/14 9:33am Msg #505192
collect their unpaid signing fees, we would ultimately drive out the deadbeat signing services who take 3 1/2 months or more to pay, if at all, and the lenders would be vetting their escrow/settlement agents more closely. When it starts hitting the pocket books of the big boys, then we'll start seeing some results.

For too long, these middle men have been stiffing the notaries or getting away with slow pay/no pay business model. It's just not right. Most of my vendors pay me in 3 to 5 days. The dozen signing services I do work for pay week to four weeks out. It is more and more apparent to me that most notaries are "lending" their fees to the signing service owners who live hand to mouth and do not have the capital to pay notaries in 30 days or less. These are the companies who need to extinguish. Maybe we can help them along.

Great post, Marrazz, and thanks GG for reposting. I think it's a great technique, and more notaries ought to employ it from this point on.

As Bear900 has suggested time and time again, it is incumbent upon lenders to be in compliance. Nonpayment of notaries is clearly a violation of CFPB's new compliance rules.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Worth a second look! (Collection letter) - GOLDGIRL/CA on 4/4/14 3:19pm
 Woops. Supposed to be buried, not buries. n/m - GOLDGIRL/CA on 4/4/14 3:21pm
 Re: Worth a second look! (Collection letter) - Marazz/AZ on 4/4/14 4:13pm
 "Works most of the time" - GOLDGIRL/CA on 4/4/14 5:49pm
 "He also called me a big meanie..." - Bear900/CA on 4/4/14 6:07pm
 Re: "Works most of the time" -  101livescan on 4/5/14 10:00am
 If more notaries were proactive about taking these steps to -  101livescan on 4/5/14 9:33am
 Too many notaries just roll over and play dead ... - GOLDGIRL/CA on 4/5/14 11:57am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.