Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: See page 5 here - this is the most current legislation that
Posted by  Teresa/FL of FL on 9/24/14 11:18am Msg #515905
I read the Stewart document and am still unclear on whether seller docs are covered. I know the Stewart "New Advisory Opinion" states that to

"Oversee, facilitate, and participate in the execution of instruments conveying title by anyone other than a Georgia attorney. This includes notaries, signing agents or other individuals who are not a party to the real estate transaction."

would be considered the Unauthorized Practice of Law per this statement. This is their "Opinion" and they also state:

"A Georgia licensed attorney must be physically present at the closing on all real estate transactions for property located in this State."

If this is correct, then ALL signings of loan documents (purchase and refinance) as well as any deeds conveying property ownership must be signed in the physical presence of a GA attorney. Would this also cover cash purchases where they buyer is not signing a deed or mortgage?

Does this mean that these transactions must be signed within the boundaries of Georgia or would it be acceptable to have a Georgia attorney travel to another state to meet with the signers and conduct the transaction?
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Signing of seller docs for GA property last night -  Teresa/FL on 9/24/14 10:28am
 See page 5 here - this is the most current legislation that -  Linda_H/FL on 9/24/14 10:37am
 Re: See page 5 here - this is the most current legislation that -  Teresa/FL on 9/24/14 11:18am
 Personally? I would contact that person that issued that -  Linda_H/FL on 9/24/14 11:28am
 I just sent an email the the attorney at Stewart Title -  Teresa/FL on 9/24/14 12:21pm
 Can a FL notary (or a notary in any other state) be bound by -  Teresa/FL on 9/24/14 11:26am
 Re: Signing of seller docs for GA property last night -  VT_Syrup on 9/24/14 12:52pm
 That is correct. I was hired by the sellers -  Teresa/FL on 9/24/14 2:00pm
 Re: Signing of seller docs for GA property last night - jnew on 9/24/14 3:52pm
 Re: Signing of seller docs for GA property last night -  Teresa/FL on 9/24/14 8:02pm
 Re: Signing of seller docs for GA property last night - jnew on 9/24/14 4:01pm
 Re: Signing of seller docs for GA property last night -  Teresa/FL on 9/24/14 7:44pm
 IMO the state issue is irrelevant--a notary only notarizes -  MW/VA on 9/24/14 8:10pm
 Yes, I thought it was ludicrous that a law firm was asking -  Teresa/FL on 9/24/14 8:23pm
 Re: Yes, I thought it was ludicrous that a law firm was asking -  JanetK_CA on 9/24/14 11:54pm
 The law firm "said the date change was fine." -  Teresa/FL on 9/25/14 12:27am
 Re: The law firm "said the date change was fine." -  Go2NotaryLLC on 9/25/14 9:37am
 I did not communicate directly with the GA law firm, -  Teresa/FL on 9/25/14 10:42am
 Once again, it doesn't really matter who's asking you to -  MW/VA on 9/25/14 1:56pm
 re: I just sent an email the the attorney at Stewart Title -  Go2NotaryLLC on 9/25/14 8:00pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.