Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Not all are going to be successful in this business...
Posted by Belinda/CA of CA on 7/4/15 12:08pm Msg #533889
Cheryl, you certainly do not need to explain your income or fees. They are a direct result of your hard work and winning personality with the hiring parties and signers. All a blessing.

To some this is going to sound arrogant and harsh. Others will get my point and know better.

What a person makes is not all about demographics as some would love to believe. It is about who you work for. Cheryl lives in a more affluent area than most, yet that has nothing to do with it. Consider this. It is not her borrowers who are writing her a check at the signing based on their income. She gets paid for those signing in the same way we all do. If she goes to a lower income home for a refi she is making the same amount as she makes going to the higher income ones. Title does not pay according to the borrower’s income or the cost of living in a given area. She works for title companies and services from all over the country I will wager. So, the field is level in the arena for all signing agents. You can work for those companies the same as her. My area is saturated with notaries who will work for $65-$90 per and I do not take even one of those jobs. I make my financial goal each month and overshoot it. My area if full of notaries who work for nothing and I still get the good calls because I know how to run a business and know who to work for. It is the same for Cheryl.

It can be lack of work in your location, but then you should be charging more!, or lack of skills in finding good relationships work-wise, or you got lead astray by an educator telling you notaries make $100K per year with ease. In latter case you should cut and run.

To some obtaining assignments with good companies comes naturally, to some you can learn it, and to others they do not have a clue what really needs to happen to make good money at this. Then they whine about the job. The money is basically up to you! That is why it is called self-employment. It is all up to the owner of the business. Maybe some of you should reevaluate your career choice based on your abilities to find the right companies to work for. If you are not making a living at this you should embark on another endeavor besides keeping cut-throat SS’s in business.

If an employer cut your pay (like the SS’s have done) you would not continue to work for them. If an employer offered you below par wages, you wouldn’t take the job. Why then do you keep working at this career and complaining about it? McDonald’s, Starbucks, Walgreens, all businesses do market research to see if the area will support their stores. Do they build a building in an unsupportive area and then complain about it? No, they do not open the business there. Other businesses will thrive in the same location but theirs will not. There is a lesson here. Maybe you are not cut out to be doing this at all. Maybe your area will not support you but another enterprise will work for you where you are. Maybe you aren’t doing enough to get on with decent companies. If you are failing in this field I’d say you have done the market research first-hand and have your answer. Stop complaining and getting on to others when they do well. The problem may well be you.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Not all are going to be successful in this business... - Belinda/CA on 7/4/15 12:08pm
 Insulting all of us assuming we cannot run a business - Luckydog on 7/4/15 1:27pm
 OMG - Belinda/CA on 7/4/15 7:08pm
 Re: Not all are going to be successful in this business... -  John Tennant on 7/4/15 1:45pm
 Well said, Belinda - coastal/CA on 7/4/15 2:01pm
 Re: Well said, Belinda -  Cheryl Elliott on 7/4/15 2:26pm
 I could not agree more!! - ananotary on 7/4/15 2:44pm
 Newbies head to CA, thats where the big bucks are - Luckydog on 7/4/15 3:50pm
 I specifically said I wasn't special and described how - ananotary on 7/5/15 12:54pm
 I respect everyone's opinion on this subject. After all, -  MW/VA on 7/4/15 6:29pm
 Hiring parties - - Belinda/CA on 7/4/15 6:59pm
 higher... HAha n/m - Belinda/CA on 7/4/15 7:23pm
 I think it is a numbers game for states like Florida -  Joan Bergstrom on 7/4/15 9:27pm
 Joan--I think it is a numbers game for states like Florida - Darlin_AL on 7/5/15 2:05pm
 I agree with Belinda's post. Time to get real... -  JanetK_CA on 7/5/15 9:56pm
 EXCELLENT POINTS! Let's start with NR profiles -  Cheryl Elliott on 7/6/15 9:10am
 You said a lot and it was all good. n/m - Belinda/CA on 7/6/15 1:23pm
 You said a lot and it was all good, Janet. - Belinda/CA on 7/6/15 1:24pm
 Re: Hiring parties - -  John Tennant on 7/4/15 9:28pm
 Re: Hiring parties - - ananotary on 7/4/15 10:34pm
 Re: Hiring parties - -  Cheryl Elliott on 7/5/15 8:00am
 Re: Hiring parties - - ananotary on 7/5/15 12:11pm
 I do get a higher fee for existing clients WHEN there - Darlin_AL on 7/5/15 11:48am
 Re: I do get a higher fee for existing clients WHEN there -  sueharke on 7/5/15 12:41pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.