Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: OMG....I just wanted to scream yesterday.....
Posted by  janCA of CA on 8/26/16 12:11pm Msg #559220
§ 8225.
Government Code 8225:
Improper notarial acts, solicitation, coercion or influence of performance;
misdemeanor
(a) Any person who solicits, coerces, or in any manner influences a notary public to perform
an improper notarial act knowing that act to be an improper notarial act, including any act
required of a notary public under Section 8206, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.
(b) Notwithstanding any other limitation of time described in Section 802 of the Penal Code,
or any other provision of law, prosecution for a violation of this offense shall be commenced
within four years after discovery of the commission of the offense, or within four years after
the completion of the offense, whichever is later.
(c) The penalty provided by this section is not an exclusive remedy, and does not affect any
other relief or remedy provided by law.

I had to send this to an EO a couple of weeks ago. I was asked to send a completed stamped ACK through scanning and emailing. They had the document and I said I couldn't do that, there are other ways to resolve the problem, she wasn't interested. I was told that she was going to send "corporate" a letter recommending I be taken off the approved list. Mind you, this EO is also a notary and guess what she said? "It's done all the time".

This was actually a GNW I had done, not a loan signing. The mother of the signer just happen to be an EO for one of the major title companies. Told her I did not like being threatened. I didn't do it so I don't know what she did to resolve the problem.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 OMG....I just wanted to scream yesterday..... - notarydi/CA on 8/26/16 9:22am
 it was a VA loan.... n/m - notarydi/CA on 8/26/16 9:24am
 Re: it was a VA loan.... -  Jack/AL on 8/26/16 9:57am
 Re: OMG....I just wanted to scream yesterday..... - Linda_H/FL on 8/26/16 11:13am
 Re: OMG....I just wanted to scream yesterday..... -  janCA on 8/26/16 12:11pm
 "DD214 as i.d."--that's crazy. Fortunately, in VA I -  MW/VA on 8/26/16 1:45pm
 just to clarify..... - notarydi/CA on 8/27/16 12:08am
 That's interesting. I haven't heard that before. Most that -  MW/VA on 8/27/16 9:59am
 Re: That - LKT/CA on 8/27/16 10:55am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.