Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Agree with Luckydog
Posted by  Yoli/CA of CA on 9/28/16 5:45pm Msg #561910
As you go along, you'll probably add to her list.

As far as your list, I got rid of my landline a couple of years ago. I don't fax; I scan and one of my printers is an all-in-one, which includes scanning. Both my Brother printers are dual trays. We are usually required to print 2 sets of packages (1 for signing and 1 for borrower(s). I find it saves me time to print both sets simultaneously.

Besides the binder clips to hold my docs together, I also put each package in a 10x15 manila clasp envelope to keep them nice and neat while in transport. But, that's just me. Wink Some NSAs use rubber bands instead of binder clips. It's less expensive. However, IMO it makes for a messier package.

$150 per signing is a nice fee. There are some signing services (SS) who are willing to pay that. Title companies (TC) will pay that and more. However, most SS and TC try to pay less. Remember, it's your business. You set your fees. Another thing to remember is that once you're known as a low-fee NSA, it's very difficult to raise your fees. Don't start with low fees just 'cause you're new. Know your notary law inside/out; know your documents well enough to recognize them, give a 1-line description of them and, if asked, you can point out where the signer can find his/her information (i.e. Where are the terms of the loan? Where's the vesting? Where's the payment? Can they cancel the loan? etc.)

As has been stated, all your questions have been asked and answered many times through the years. Notary Rotary is the best place for information regarding this business. But, do your research first ... then, ask. We're willing to help. However, I, for one, am not willing to silver-platter serve you everything I've learned. It's taken me over 10 years and I'm still learning every day.

Market, market, market.

When hiring companies call you, please be sure to check them out in Signing Central (tab above) for ratings and also do an orange "search" (tab above also) for more details about that company. Don't accept signings from companies with less than 3 stars (SC). They've earned that rating/reputation. Don't think you're special and they'll do right by you.

Good luck, Krista, and welcome to NotRot! Smile
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 New Signing Agent - Krista Flores on 9/28/16 1:42pm
 Re: New Signing Agent -  Yoli/CA on 9/28/16 2:00pm
 Re: New Signing Agent - Krista Flores on 9/28/16 2:19pm
 I don't know anything about the co. where you took your -  MW/VA on 9/28/16 3:41pm
 Re: New Signing Agent - Sylvia_FL on 9/28/16 5:04pm
 Re: New Signing Agent -  JanetK_CA on 9/28/16 2:21pm
 Re: New Signing Agent - DMOH on 9/28/16 3:47pm
 Re: New Signing Agent - KODI/CA on 9/28/16 3:48pm
 Re: New Signing Agent - Luckydog on 9/28/16 4:34pm
 Agree with Luckydog -  Yoli/CA on 9/28/16 5:45pm
 Re: New Signing Agent -  JanetK_CA on 9/28/16 7:43pm
 Re: New Signing Agent - Luckydog on 9/29/16 8:28am
 You need to write up your business plan ... - BobbiCT on 9/29/16 6:31am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.