Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Used my seal embosser this past week for the purchase of
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 12/2/16 9:07am Msg #565965
property in South Africa...it's amazing what some countries require of US citizens purchasing property in their country.

I employed the Copy Certification by Document Custodian, Affidavit of Identity and General POA, all of which were required to be "embossed". They will then be forwarded to the SOS for apostille authentication and forwarded on to a law firm in Cape Town, South Africa where the clients are purchasing a home for their mother.

So although I only use my embosser once or twice during a four year term, I've used it twice in November and it paid for itself and then some.

The clients made mention of the following.

We had difficulty finding a notary with the embosser.

We had difficulty finding a notary who knew what forms we needed, especially the Copy Certification of Document Custodian we needed for passports and drivers licenses, property tax bills and utility bill proving permanent residency in California and the US.

I felt gratification that I was able to provide all the forms they needed. All the forms I used had a place for their thumbprints, and they thought that was especially important in their documentation. The home is $60k in US $$.

Any one else had requests like this one?
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Used my seal embosser this past week for the purchase of -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/2/16 9:07am
 Re: Used my seal embosser this past week for the purchase of - Luckydog on 12/2/16 10:05am
 Re: Used my seal embosser this past week for the purchase of -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/2/16 10:19am
 I also have an embosser -  Teresa/FL on 12/2/16 12:32pm
 I also have an embosser -  Roger_OH on 12/2/16 1:22pm
 Re: I also have an embosser -  MonicaFL on 12/2/16 3:37pm
 Re: I also have an embosser -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/2/16 6:09pm
 Re: I also have an embosser -  MonicaFL on 12/2/16 7:11pm
 I have an embosser - used it once! n/m - Robert Owens on 12/2/16 6:29pm
 Re: Used my seal embosser this past week for the purchase of -  Doris_CO on 12/2/16 7:40pm
 Re: Used my seal embosser this past week for the purchase of -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/2/16 10:08pm
 Embossers in some states are not to be used as a -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 12/5/16 1:09pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.