Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Loan Signing Certificates
Posted by  VT_Syrup of VT on 2/15/17 9:33am Msg #570035
The NNA doesn't accept background checks, in the sense that they don't give out signing assignments. The assignments are given out by title companies, signing services, lawyers, and the like. It's up to the entity giving the assignment whether they will require a background check, and if so, which ones. That said, the NNA does offer a signing agent website and if you want to be listed there, you need their course and their background check.

Of course, the only one that can rely on an FBI background check is the FBI and whoever ordered the check. The FBI does not maintain a website listing all the people who passed their background checks, so how would anyone know you passed an FBI background check, other than your say-so? I'm not sure, but I doubt the FBI even gives a pass/fail; they just list what they found and it's up to the entity that ordered the check to decide if it's good enough.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Loan Signing Certificates - Punday Notary Services, LLC - Peggy on 2/15/17 8:34am
 Re: Loan Signing Certificates -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/15/17 9:02am
 Re: Loan Signing Certificates - Linda_H/FL on 2/15/17 9:32am
 Apologies for typos...trying to get my thoughts down - Linda_H/FL on 2/15/17 9:34am
 Re: Loan Signing Certificates -  VT_Syrup on 2/15/17 9:33am
 Company enticed you and promisted you jobs ... - BobbiCT on 2/15/17 10:10am
 I agree. There's no co. that I know of that solicits this -  MW/VA on 2/15/17 1:25pm
 excellent BobbiCT and so well thought out.... n/m -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 2/15/17 1:51pm
 Re: Loan Signing Certificates - Punday Notary Services, LLC - Peggy on 2/15/17 3:34pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.