Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: I installed Square
Posted by Laurie Manzanares of CA on 3/23/17 7:59pm Msg #572512
I used SquareUp before the chip requirement. Used it for GNW and liked it but the swipe never worked and was always charged the higher interest rate because I had to manually input customers card information. Requested a replacement but never heard back from the company. Changed to the Paypal swipe device. The Paypal device worked much better. Then came the requirement of chip readers. They were charging $45 for the phone swipe device. I think they are free now.

With all the not working correctly unless you wanted to pay the higher transaction rate and then the switch over to the chip readers and having to purchase the device I moved on to a phone app called Tiny Invoice.

Love the "Tiny Invoice" app for the iPhone. I don't have to dig in my notary bag for the SquareUp and set the darn thing up every single time. All I have to do is pull out my phone open the Tiny Invoice app.. I can give them the option to pay buy Credit Card, check or cash. I send them their Invoice/Receipt to their email address and they send the payment to my companies paypal account. They have a receipt and I am paid by credit card. The app also kept a record of the client contact info and transaction history. I have also set-up pre-populated invoicing for notary work. Not saying this would work for you but I certainly like it. Another benefit is I don't have to go back to my computer to create a new invoice if I am on the road. I can do that on my iphone and email it to them. I am good to go.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Squaring up! -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/23/17 4:04pm
 Re: Squaring up! - PegiT_MN on 3/23/17 4:26pm
 Re: Squaring up! - PegiT_MN on 3/23/17 4:26pm
 Nice...I was at Sotheby's in Montecito and the client -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/23/17 4:36pm
 Re: Nice...I was at Sotheby -  Ilene C. Seidel on 3/23/17 6:28pm
 Re: Squaring up - pdl/cali on 3/23/17 6:35pm
 I installed Square over a year ago & it comes in handy for -  MW/VA on 3/23/17 7:16pm
 Re: I installed Square over a year ago & it comes in handy for -  JanetK_CA on 3/23/17 7:59pm
 Thanks. I know I pay a little higher charge for the input -  MW/VA on 3/24/17 8:56am
 Re: I installed Square - Laurie Manzanares on 3/23/17 7:59pm
 Square offers invoicing now, too, but I don't use it. n/m -  JanetK_CA on 3/23/17 8:17pm
 Re: I installed Square - LKT/CA on 3/23/17 10:30pm
 Re: Squaring up! Time to try - NVLSlady/VA on 3/24/17 5:02am
 Re: Squaring up! Time to try -  janCA on 3/24/17 9:17am
 Be careful with charging more for cc use -  JanetK_CA on 3/24/17 2:10pm
 My nail salon does the "cash discount" and charges for cc - ananotary on 3/24/17 4:20pm
 They can offer a "cash" discount, but they cannot pass their -  MW/VA on 3/24/17 6:22pm
 Their posted prices are with the "cash" discount. Still - ananotary on 3/25/17 9:14am
 Re: Be careful with charging more for cc use -  janCA on 3/24/17 6:10pm
 Re: Be careful with charging more for cc use - JkWa on 3/24/17 8:13pm
 Re: Be careful with charging more for cc use -  JanetK_CA on 3/25/17 12:52am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.