Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: IMO that
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 7/14/17 10:34am Msg #578477
It's a parallel scenario that's all. I don't mean to confuse you all with TMI.

If you want the SS to be held accountable to/by the CFPB, there needs to be a method whatever it is. The CFPB I don't feel will create a new method to track or vet SS for notaries and don't see a direct relationship to the customer. They don't really care and it's not for the 'direct benefit' of the consumer (the title of their agency).

You will need to point out that the problem is a consumer problem, not a notary problem.

You also need to find an expedient, perhaps already existing setup like the NMLS to make this happen.

On the other hand, crouching in the corner and hoping the boogieman doesn't find you (for electronic signings) is not being proactive. It will be too late and the CFPB won't care. They will see it as a positive for the consumer.

Deflect that by 'institutionalizing' the entire game and the government as usual, will build upon that. You will be locked in as full-on notaries.

Someone brought up, "what is the end goal?" That should be one of them.

The process that LOs go through should be a similar process for SS to go through, wouldn't you agree?

The problem is, what's sauce for the goose will become sauce for the gander. Expect that before you embark with the CFPB. Limits your choices.

My intention is not to discourage but to point out the difficult road ahead of you. Difficult but doable. Letter writing may be acknowledged by the CFPB, as mine was in your behalf (even pointing out that it was a consumer benefit), but it is just not that important to them.

Make it important!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Attention all notaries! Someone pointed out today that -  MW/VA on 7/13/17 12:50pm
 I am all for the idea. I think it would be effective! n/m - grapebed on 7/13/17 1:21pm
 Re: Attention all notaries! Someone pointed out today that - SteveS/CA on 7/13/17 1:36pm
 Great concept, Marilynn! There are several paralegals here -  Christine/OK on 7/13/17 1:50pm
 No. Putting it out so that Cheryl or some of the good -  MW/VA on 7/13/17 1:55pm
 Re: No. Putting it out so that Cheryl or some of the good -  Cheryl Elliott on 7/13/17 11:46pm
 Re: No. Putting it out so that Cheryl or some of the good -  JanetK_CA on 7/14/17 12:14am
 BTW, I can't take credit for the idea. It was suggested -  MW/VA on 7/13/17 1:58pm
 I can definitely put it out all over social media... n/m -  Cari on 7/13/17 2:12pm
 P.S. The reason I suggested a paralegal (& not just a "good" -  Christine/OK on 7/13/17 2:13pm
 Minority Report Again...be VERY careful of what you wish for - Lee/AR on 7/13/17 2:30pm
 Thanks, Lee/AR! Cart before the horse here? Pls read this!! -  JanetK_CA on 7/13/17 3:22pm
 Re: Attention all notaries! Someone pointed out today that - Luckydog on 7/13/17 3:42pm
 If you’re going to dance with the devil be prepared - Bear900/CA on 7/13/17 4:16pm
 "Signing Agents" make get thrown off the dance floor - BobbiCT on 7/14/17 7:52am
 Re: "Signing Agents" make get thrown off the dance floor - Bear900/CA on 7/14/17 11:41am
 Nah!! Waste of Time!! Only ONE way to WIN... - LKT/CA on 7/13/17 5:05pm
 That IS the easy and best way - Bear900/CA on 7/13/17 5:31pm
 On the other hand - Bear900/CA on 7/13/17 5:26pm
 IMO that's a completely different scenario. Those who -  MW/VA on 7/14/17 7:28am
 Re: IMO that - Bear900/CA on 7/14/17 10:34am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.