Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Renewing ID in CA for disabled and bedridden
Posted by JanetK_CA of CA on 10/21/17 12:49amMsg #585122
I have a repeat client (younger than me) who is bedridden with a degenerative disease. Any movement is very difficult for her, but her mind is still very sharp. Her DMV ID is going to be expiring, so I had mentioned to her that I'd heard the DMV offers some option for non-mobile folks like her (which I'd read about here on this forum). She looked into it and sent me an email today with the details.

For any of you who do GNW in this state, I thought this could be very helpful to pass on to people you encounter who might need this service. Apparently, the DMV can send someone to them to take their picture. Here's what she said about setting that up:

"They should call the DMV office in Fresno at 800-777-0133. They will be sent Form DL-44 to complete. They will then be given the DMV office that will handle the processing of the card and taking the picture in the home."

She didn't say anything about the rest of the process, but typing is difficult for her. This sounds like a great starting point, though, for anyone who can't get to the DMV, but needs an ID. BTW, she's a former notary... Please send a good thought - and be grateful for all your blessings... I sure am grateful for mine! Wink
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Renewing ID in CA for disabled and bedridden - JanetK_CA on 10/21/17 12:49am
 Re: Renewing ID in CA for disabled and bedridden - Susan Littlefield on 10/21/17 9:08am
 Re: Renewing ID in CA for disabled and bedridden - PegiT_MN on 10/21/17 9:22am
 Re: Renewing ID in CA for disabled and bedridden -  Erwin/CA on 10/21/17 11:16am
 Re: Renewing ID in CA for disabled and bedridden - Luckydog on 10/22/17 12:21pm
 In OK the state-issued photo ID only has "Indef" (no exp) -  Christine/OK on 10/22/17 5:06pm
 Re: In OK the state-issued photo ID only has "Indef" (no exp) -  Erwin/CA on 10/22/17 8:37pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.