Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

I can't believe how many people think notarizations are free
Posted by  MW/VA of VA on 8/23/18 9:46am Msg #597501
On the flip side, you wouldn't believe the stores I'm hearing from GNW clients. One said the notary quoted her a $50 fee, more if she had to travel. The person was a notary, and this notary also told her she was "stupid" for not charging (she's a notary in her job).
Last night I did a POA for an elderly person. Her granddaughter had made many call, including one where the notary said they're provide the document & the fee was $100. In VA we can't provide documents (considered UPL, of course).
The maximum fee in VA is $5 per notarization, but we are permitted to charge travel fees.
I'd like to have the name of some of these rogue notaries. I'd report them to the SOC.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 received a call yesterday -  canotaryhere on 8/23/18 9:31am
 Re: received a call yesterday - Jose Gutierrez on 8/23/18 9:39am
 Re: received a call yesterday -  canotaryhere on 8/23/18 9:43am
 I can't believe how many people think notarizations are free -  MW/VA on 8/23/18 9:46am
 Re: I can -  canotaryhere on 8/23/18 9:49am
 Re: I can - SteveS/CA on 8/23/18 12:48pm
 Re: received a call yesterday - Luckydog on 8/23/18 4:14pm
 I'd have told the boyfriend have the hospital notarize it. n/m - Colonel/IA on 8/23/18 4:44pm
 Hospitals, retirement centers, rehab facilities, etc. will, -  Christine/OK on 8/24/18 6:37am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.