Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: I had a strange request today
Posted by  VT_Syrup of VT on 9/27/18 12:55am Msg #598895
I've had page breaks appear in inopportune spots, and made some adjustments, but I don't think I've ever had the exact problem you describe.

As I understand it, the last page of the doc had a place for you to sign as a witness, then half of a notary certificate, then the doc just stopped. No place for you to sign as a notary. They wanted your seal on this last page. As you stated, that just won't fly.

If the client has no idea what is a proper certificate, I would also have serious doubts about what will or will not record. But if it isn't being recorded in Vermont, I can't be sure what will or won't record either. I'd also be hesitant to change the font size, because some jurisdictions have minimum font sizes they will accept. (Another issue is that since I don't own a copy of Adobe Acrobat, there are serious limits on what kind of editing I can do to a PDF).

I hope the font size you ended up with makes the recorder happy and everything turns out fine.

The law in force in my state says nothing about certificates or where to place a seal. The new law that goes into effect in July doesn't have any requirement that all parts of a certificate be on the same page. As for the stamp, it just says "an official stamp shall be affixed to or embossed on the certificate or, in the alternative, the notary shall clearly print or type the notary public’s name and commission number on the certificate." If the certificate starts on one page and finishes on another, the law doesn't prohibit me from putting my stamp on both sheets.

The state hasn't gotten around to creating any administrative rules for the new law yet. Maybe when they come out they will say something about where to put the stamp.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 I had a strange request today -  MonicaFL on 9/26/18 10:30pm
 Change the Font! - NVLSlady/VA on 9/26/18 11:18pm
 Re: Change the Font! -  MonicaFL on 9/27/18 6:07pm
 Re: I had a strange request today -  VT_Syrup on 9/27/18 12:55am
 Re: I had a strange request today -  MonicaFL on 9/27/18 6:05pm
 Va: we have to rewrite signer(s) name on 2nd page - NVLSlady/VA on 9/27/18 7:11pm
 Re: Va: we have to rewrite signer(s) name on 2nd page -  JanetK_CA on 9/27/18 9:20pm
 A few years ago we could only notarize on the same page -  MW/VA on 9/28/18 6:42am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.