Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Slow everywhere...look for opportunities where they exist
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 10/25/18 7:43am Msg #599732
I have begun performing some virtual assistant work as a transaction coordinator for a commercial/industrial investor on the central coast who doesn't invest in CA, although he has raised his family here and has no intention of leaving. His focus is on the east coast and mid west, has owned these properties since the 70s and just recently purchased two new properties in Kentucky.

Sometimes we have to move out of our comfort zone to travel a road less traveled. The principal is watching his family grow, four sons and now 3 grandchildren just this year and he's busy as ever. It's a very interesting business. My involvement is more a project management role in the acquisition, marketing and leasing activities. He doesn't sell his properties, but holds them and keeps on acquiring larger, better properties, using equity from the first properties he acquired.

I still have a lot of signing work, but nothing like it was in prior years. Loan Depot is very busy, some refis for shorter term or ARM loans, HELOCs, auto loans, trust packages. One third of the business I've had historically.

My escrow officers are telling me that their book of business has slowed to a crawl. People are cautious. Prices need to come down a little around here, while interest rates continue to increase.

Again, go outside of your comfort level, seek new opportunities and STAY POSITIVE. We're in for a very dry signing season, is my take.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 signings are dead in my area - Cindy Herring on 10/23/18 4:04pm
 Re: signings are dead in my area - MFP/WA on 10/23/18 8:15pm
 yep, it's pretty dead..... - notarydi/CA on 10/24/18 9:17am
 I am slow as well... - FeliseSoCal on 10/24/18 1:04pm
 Re: I am slow as well... - Joe/NC on 10/24/18 3:17pm
 Slow everywhere...look for opportunities where they exist -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/25/18 7:43am
 Re: Slow everywhere...look for opportunities where they exist - Laura Wyatt on 10/25/18 3:01pm
 Re: Slow everywhere...look for opportunities where they exist -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/25/18 7:20pm
 although you have to know what you are doing..... - notarydi/CA on 10/25/18 8:13pm
 Re: although you have to know what you are doing..... - Laura Wyatt on 10/26/18 1:25am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.