Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Ditch GPS? It's Ruining Our Brains
Posted by SteveS/CA of CA on 6/7/19 1:26pm Msg #607213
I had an "interesting" event a couple of months back. I upgraded the OS on my iphone and unbeknownst to me, my Maps GPS suddenly stopped functioning. I knew the offramp to take on the freeway, but had no clue after that. I always just let the GPS tell me what streets to turn on. Fortunately I was "in the area" close enough that I called the borrower and asked him to guide me in from where I was. It was a very humbling experience. I used to travel all over LA, Ventura and Orange County before there was GPS and I always managed to find my way. Those were the good old days of that handy little book called Thomas Guide that I kept in my car.

I've since rectified the problem with the GPS on my phone and the world is good again, but it does make you realize just how much we've come to rely on our electronic devices.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Ditch GPS? It's ruining our brains... -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/7/19 7:33am
 Re: Ditch GPS? It - Yoli/CA on 6/7/19 9:45am
 Re: Ditch GPS? It - Luckydog on 6/7/19 11:54am
 Re: Ditch GPS? It's Ruining Our Brains - SteveS/CA on 6/7/19 1:26pm
 Nostalgia... I wore out lots of Thomas Guides in my day! ;>) -  JanetK_CA on 6/7/19 2:58pm
 Re: Ditch GPS? Not entirely ... -  John/CT on 6/7/19 7:05pm
 MapQuest & a county map...always - Lee/AR on 6/8/19 2:49am
 Re: MapQuest & a county map...always - SteveS/CA on 6/8/19 11:18am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.