Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Documents held hostage!!!
Posted by ej1 of FL on 5/27/04 9:22am Msg #2348
That is unethical. What problems are between you and her have nothing to do with the Lender or the Borrowers and those documents are not hers to keep. More so, these are time sensitive and must be returned for the loan to process!
I am still new and yes, have felt so far that the signing companies that I have confirmed appts. with sure are getting a good deal at $65 (base fee) and being that the ones I have had are within five miles of my home but some of these signings are (# of notarial acts) are alot greater than what I expected but I did make a deal with them.
What I don't like is the fact that when instances come up and I have called them that they do not return my calls in a timely manner to discuss the situation before the signing appt.
For instance, a borrower calls me to state that he cannot find or the witness that he had cannot show up for the signing. (an hour before signing). He then ask me to find someone to bring with me to witness it for all of his friends, family, and neighbors are not available. I call to discuss this with them and no one returned my call! I had to rush around trying to locate someone to go with me to act as a second witness! All of my friends and family work too and it was hard to find one within that time constraint! And when I did, I had to pay them for their time and consequently since I couldn't get in contact with the signing service and felt that professionally since I was not the person that the lenders contracted with that I couldn't contact them with this situation unless it meant that the loan would not get signed that day through no fault of my own! My question here is, should I still go ahead and charge the signing company for the $20 that I had to pay for an additonal witness to go and sign these documents???
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Documents held hostage!!! - Negretes Notary Service on 5/27/04 8:05am
 Re: Documents held hostage!!! - Larita/MI on 5/27/04 8:24am
 Re: Documents held hostage!!! - Becca_FL on 5/27/04 8:33am
 Re: Documents held hostage!!! - ej1 on 5/27/04 9:22am
 Re: Documents held hostage!!! - Lisa/MN on 5/27/04 11:05am
 Re: Documents held hostage!!! - sue on 5/27/04 7:58pm
 ended up on wrong spot - reply to ej1 - sue on 5/27/04 8:05pm
 Re: Documents held hostage!!! - CA_Notary on 5/28/04 4:10am
 Re: Anthony, what happened? Please, let us all know. n/m - Becca/FL on 5/28/04 9:31am
 Re: Documents held hostage!!! - Lawrence Goodwin on 5/27/04 11:48am
 Re: Documents held hostage!!! - notary on 5/27/04 12:22pm
 Re: Documents held hostage!!! - Lawrence Goodwin on 5/27/04 1:09pm
 Re: Documents held hostage!!! - sue on 5/27/04 8:03pm
 Re: Get a paper and voice trail. - Anonymous on 5/27/04 9:22pm
 Re: Documents held hostage!!! - DocumentService.com on 6/3/04 10:33am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.