Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

is this another scam trying to get my info from my puter?
Posted by Haroon Anwarzai of NY on 10/1/19 4:39pm Msg #610728
As a Notary, we get excited when we get an email from a title company

Mary Cuevas <mcuevas.atrlaw@gmail.com>

Oct 1 at 1:07 PM

Attached are the documents that I need to be signed with my customer. You can sign in either blue or black ink, doesn’t matter. We pay $175.00 for the signing so when you return the documents to me, please include your invoice so I can send out payment. i'm currently very busy at office right now and i could only provide this short detail about the signing,Kindly login with your email address and password to access the document. Every details about the signing and customer address and phone number is in page 2.Kindly call the customer to set appointment

I did click on the link, another window opened and asking me to enter / create a user name and PW. I was very tempted. My online security Norton kicked in and warned me about possible phishing attempts. I was disgusted and tried to call the number. Then I noticed that there are no numbers. I googled the agency and asked for the person on the email, the receptionist sounded like I was trying to scam them. I tried my best to explain to her but not sure if she believed me. lol Anyway, the lesson of the story always calls and confirm the agent before opening an email

Be careful out there, too many crooks and jerks trying to steal your information or maybe trying to place a trojan to steal new info.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 is this another scam trying to get my info from my puter? - Haroon Anwarzai on 10/1/19 4:39pm
 Yep! Mary Cuevas w/ATR Law has been emailing for awhile. -  Yoli/CA on 10/1/19 4:50pm
 Msg #609492 maybe of interest - Luckydog on 10/1/19 4:57pm
 Re: is this another scam trying to get my info from my puter? - MikeC/TX on 10/1/19 5:53pm
 Re: is this another scam trying to get my info from my puter? - Haroon Anwarzai on 10/2/19 9:11am
 Re: is this another scam trying to get my info from my puter? - Haroon Anwarzai on 10/2/19 9:12am
 Re: is this another scam trying to get my info from my puter? - MikeC/TX on 10/2/19 5:11pm
 Re: is this another scam trying to get my info from my puter? - pan/nd on 10/1/19 6:04pm
 Re: is this another scam trying to get my info from my puter? -  JanetK_CA on 10/2/19 3:39am
 Re: is this another scam trying to get my info from my puter? - Mobile1/PA on 10/2/19 9:57am
 Re: is this another scam trying to get my info from my puter? -  JanetK_CA on 10/2/19 3:05pm
 Re: is this another scam trying to get my info from my puter? - Paradise Title - Kayla on 10/2/19 10:09am
 Thanks for the post! n/m - Luckydog on 10/2/19 6:12pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.