Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

If a signing ever ended up in court what would be my defense
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 10/7/19 1:27pm Msg #610855
... if signers claimed that I pressured them into signing, or that I lied about this or that just to get them to sign if a company has a no sign for any reason = no pay policy that I have accepted as part of the contracted work request?

I am an independent, disinterested, 3rd party -- not an employee or LO. Don't ever try to hold me responsible for whatever any good/bad LO may have told them or even lied to them to get them to move to the next step. If not in my control I refuse to ever place myself in a position to accept any responsibility for others (who I don't even know) actions.

One 100% non-negotiable policy I have had since the very first day I began in this business in 2006 is that NO company will ever tie payment for my services to a guarantee that the signers sign. Once I leave my driveway, 100% of my fee is due as agreed regardless of signers decision to sign or not (barring any mistake or negligent actions on my part, if any, of course). It is not my job to do what the Lo should be doing for THEIR clients. After all, they are the ones being paid $1,000's on almost every single closed loan. I used to be on that side of the closing table before I started on this side.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 hirenotary.com A Reliable & Trustworthy Mortgage Signing Co -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/6/19 11:31pm
 $39.99 annual fee to notary & no sign/no pay for client co. - Lee/AR on 10/7/19 7:02am
 Actually, that's no CLOSE for any reason/no pay to Notary n/m - Lee/AR on 10/7/19 7:11am
 If a signing ever ended up in court what would be my defense - Moneyman/TX on 10/7/19 1:27pm
 Always beware of any co. that wants you to pay for a listing -  MW/VA on 10/8/19 8:46am
 Re: hirenotary.com A Reliable & Trustworthy Mortgage Signing Co -  Yoli/CA on 10/7/19 8:32am
 Re: hirenotary.com A Reliable & Trustworthy Mortgage Signing Co - Luckydog on 10/7/19 9:26am
 Re: NovaLoanSignxxx.com, Reliable & Trustworthy Signing Co - NVLSlady/VA on 10/7/19 2:43pm
 Re: hirenotary.com A Reliable & Trustworthy Mortgage Signing Co - Candace Boyd on 10/7/19 8:14pm
 A complete gesture of charity for their cause... -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/8/19 10:36am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.