Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: To solicit or not solicit is the question!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by  Donna McGee of PA on 5/27/04 7:02pm Msg #2397
Hello,
Technically, the answer should be no. These clients were solicited (usually) by a business that may have spent money to attract this customer with advertising. You should not benefit from their advertising dollars other than your agreed upon signing fee. Regardless of whether or not the product is related to the loan - you didn't pay for the advertising. I'm sure there are a lot of people who may reason this way but I'm sure that is why there is a non-solicitation clause in most contracts. I'm quite sure this means during or after the appointment.

I think this may jeopardize your relationships with the signing/title companies you work with.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 To solicit or not solicit is the question!!!!!!!!!! - Anonymous on 5/27/04 9:01am
 Re: To solicit or not solicit is the question!!!!!!!!!! - Lawrence Goodwin on 5/27/04 11:58am
 Re: To solicit or not solicit is the question!!!!!!!!!! - Anonymous on 5/27/04 12:22pm
 Re: To solicit or not solicit is the question!!!!!!!!!! - Lawrence Goodwin on 5/27/04 12:52pm
 Re: To solicit or not solicit is the question!!!!!!!!!! - Anonymous on 5/27/04 1:30pm
 Re: To solicit or not solicit is the question!!!!!!!!!! - Lawrence Goodwin on 5/27/04 2:04pm
 Re: To solicit or not solicit is the question!!!!!!!!!! - Anonymous on 5/27/04 2:26pm
 Re: To solicit or not solicit is the question!!!!!!!!!! - BrianLA on 5/27/04 5:45pm
 You Would Be ANNOYED?!!! - Dennis D Broadbooks on 5/27/04 8:44pm
 Re: You Would Be ANNOYED?!!! - Brian Lynch on 5/27/04 10:58pm
 Actually, It Does Make Sense... - Dennis D Broadbooks on 5/27/04 11:21pm
 Re: To solicit or not solicit is the question!!!!!!!!!! -  Donna McGee on 5/27/04 7:02pm
 Re: To solicit or not solicit is the question!!!!!!!!!! - CA_Notary on 5/27/04 11:20pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.