Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

36 months to qualify...
Posted by NVLSlady/VA of VA on 12/16/19 12:30pmMsg #613563
Yes, I also saw this article last night. A real estate agent introduced me to this concept when I backed away from a mortgage application recently. Too cumbersome and they kept asking for business related income, returns, operation date, why p.o. box, and On and on . . . despite the fact that I had indicated upfront I wasn't relying on my business to qualify - and it was not guaranteed. I had more than enough time in, only had to take loss some years.

Anyway, I lost patience with the process and withdrew.

Okay, so back to the Realtor: Turns out the "contract" buyer wasn't a new concept for him. Family contractor business where they purchase the home for the prospective homeowner, repair/renovate, and lease back to occupiers until they can get their own financing. Traditional methods of home purchasing are excluding a good majority of would-be owners. Once a homeowner, that mindset carries. My current landlord joked to his wife that she needed to consult with me, "the homeowner"!

Imo, the crisis/crash had not "affordability" as its primary driver, but poor planning. Looser lending standards, ARMS, and such work for people who are upwardly mobile (future income producer professionals); but you have to know when to cut your losses and leave. Fixed income, lower income, self-employed, retired, semi-retired, simply cannot afford rental housing. How does someone in any of those situations save for homeownership AND lease a property at current rent rates??

No easy answer. But, this, I know: Renters are paying 2 mortgage payments- that of the property owner, along with what <could be> the renter/lessee's own house payment. When this goes on for a couple of years or longer, you just know something has to give - in the interest of equity . . . and, well Equity!

Just as there are valid, justifiable reasons to rent vs. Buy, there should be reasonable alternatives to financing When it Makes Sense. No one keeps a 30-year note anyway. Why not go longer if more could take advantage? It seemed nuts when clients wanted to finance an automobile for 7-8 years. But so common now. Likewise, the 1st new car I bought was about 11k (in '88, I think); when I boldly took my (No Co-signed) loan request to the bank where I earned a meager salary, the branch manager said that he and his wife paid less than that for their first house! I was undeterred, of course and he gave me the loan (I guess he reckoned I wouldn't starve since wasn't living on my own yet).

It's Marketing Monday. Don't forget to put in a request for Direct work!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 New approach to home ownership ... -  Yoli/CA on 12/16/19 8:38am
 Re: New approach to home ownership ... - Luckydog on 12/16/19 9:56am
 Re: New approach to home ownership ... - NK_UT on 12/16/19 2:54pm
 Re: New approach to home ownership ... -  Yoli/CA on 12/16/19 3:02pm
 Re: New approach to home ownership ... - NK_UT on 12/18/19 7:15pm
 Many lenders will make loans easy for 50% down or more. -  MW/VA on 12/16/19 6:47pm
 Re: Many lenders will make loans easy for 50% down or more. - NK_UT on 12/18/19 7:16pm
 sounds like buying on contract - CST on 12/16/19 9:56am
 Re: sounds like buying on contract - Luckydog on 12/16/19 10:04am
 Re: sounds like buying on contract - CST on 12/16/19 11:21am
 Re: sounds like buying on contract - Luckydog on 12/16/19 12:03pm
 36 months to qualify... - NVLSlady/VA on 12/16/19 12:30pm
 (7-year auto term) - NVLSlady/VA on 12/16/19 1:31pm
 Re: (7-year auto term) - Luckydog on 12/16/19 3:01pm
 Re: (7-year auto term) - NVLSlady/VA on 12/16/19 3:24pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.