Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Strange out-of-state closing
Posted by Teasa/NY of ? on 2/12/05 10:06am Msg #20367
The acknowledgement (certifying to identity and execution of document) language for NYS is different to what I have seen for many other states. Therefore, the NY language has to be attached to the applicable doc. (mortgage, some ID forms). The jurat language (Subscribed and sworn before me the day of)(administration of an oath to the affiant) I would think would be on all affidavits and not an acknowledgement. I have seen language just a tad different from NY Jurat language on affidavits when I have closed for NY property but affidavits prepared by out of NYS title company. I used to close for a RI bank that would put NY (for NY property) acknowledgment language on a name affidavit and no matter what we said to them they would not change it. Anyway, I hope I have not muddied the waters and am understanding the situation, but all affidavits should have jurat language so I don't know what all those certificates were for.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Strange out-of-state closing - HisHughness on 2/11/05 2:09pm
 Re: Strange out-of-state closing -  Dave_CA on 2/11/05 3:26pm
 Re: Strange out-of-state closing -  BrendaTX on 2/11/05 3:43pm
 Re: Strange out-of-state closing -  HisHughness on 2/11/05 4:20pm
 Re: Strange out-of-state closing -  BrendaTX on 2/11/05 4:34pm
 Re: Strange out-of-state closing -  HisHughness on 2/11/05 5:35pm
 Re: Strange out-of-state closing - Teasa/NY on 2/12/05 9:35am
 Re: Strange out-of-state closing - Tom on 2/11/05 8:06pm
 Re: Strange out-of-state closing - Teasa/NY on 2/12/05 10:06am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.