Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Corey Lewandowski: Trump has done more in a month
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 12/7/16 7:53pm Msg #68901
than Obama has done in 8 years. And he said that with a straight face.

What is it about rabid Trump supporters that makes them lose touch with reality? Trump supporters are amazing - he likes to take credit for stuff he hasn't done, and they will buy any lie they're told.

David Farenthold of the Washington Post did some amazing investigative reporting about Trump's charity foundation this year, but one story he reported was really enlightening. Trump crashed a charity event in 1996, donated nothing, but got PR for it as if he was a donor, and displaced an actual donor in the process:

http://tinyurl.com/ztalgav

But back to Lewandowski's claims about what Trump has "already accomplished" before even taking office:

1) Trump saved 1400 jobs at Ford - nope, those jobs were never going anywhere.

2) Trump saved 1100 jobs at Carrier - nope, it was 750, with another 550 from that plant are still losing their job to Mexico, plus over 1000 jobs being lost to Mexico in other factories in the area owned by the same company. If you think that 750 jobs is great, try telling that to to the other 1500+ people whose jobs are going away.

3) Trump will save money by demanding that we cancel a contract with Boeing to replace Air Force 1 at a cost of over $4 Billion - nope, there is no such contract. Boeing has a $130 million contract to DESIGN replacement planes for the two that are at about the end of their expected lifetime, and that would be delivered at a future date; no final budget figures have been determined, and Congress would have to approve.

4) Trump claims credit for the fact that a Japanese company will invest $50 billion in America over an unspecified number of years. Nope, that deal was in the works well before Election Day, and it didn't involve Trump.

I don't know about you, but I'm seeing a pattern here. He hasn't actually done anything yet, but he's claiming that he has. And the Trumpsters are ecstatic, because these lies are somehow proof to them that he will do what he said he will do. None of them check the facts, they just accept it as true.

I said earlier that I would give Trump a chance to show he can do the job, but for me the honeymoon is now over - he's not even sworn in yet, and he's already lying about his accomplishments. It's going to be a long four years with P.T. Barnum in charge...
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Corey Lewandowski: Trump has done more in a month - MikeC/TX on 12/7/16 7:53pm
 Re: Corey Lewandowski: Trump has done more in a month - LKT/CA on 12/8/16 8:03am
 SNL - Luckydog on 12/8/16 10:14am
 Re: SNL - LKT/CA on 12/8/16 1:46pm
 Re: SNL - MikeC/TX on 12/8/16 5:23pm
 Clinton got more votes in WI -- -  Moneyman/TX on 12/8/16 6:04pm
 Clinton got more votes in WI -- Not according to WI -  Moneyman/TX on 12/8/16 6:16pm
 Re: Clinton got more votes in WI -- Not according to WI - MikeC/TX on 12/9/16 4:54pm
 Re: Clinton got more votes in WI -- Not according to WI -  Moneyman/TX on 12/9/16 8:02pm
 meant to add... -  Moneyman/TX on 12/9/16 8:07pm
 Re: Clinton got more votes in WI -- Not according to WI - MikeC/TX on 12/9/16 10:24pm
 Citing is always helpful. -  Moneyman/TX on 12/10/16 5:14pm
 Re: Citing is always helpful. - MikeC/TX on 12/10/16 6:58pm
 Apologies, I didn't realize that they were giving daily #'s. -  Moneyman/TX on 12/15/16 1:47am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.