Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: The Presidency is a business deal...
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 12/12/16 5:35pm Msg #68960
In my opinion, POTUS is a 24/7/365 job. Yes, you get some down time to golf or go on vacation or go to your ranch or whatever - Trump has already said he intends to head back to NYC on a regular basis while his wife and son are still living there, to the chagrin of the NYPD - but you're on call all the time, even when you're not working.

The Bible tells us (both in Mark 6:24 and Luke 16:13) that "No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other." Trump needs to decide which master he will serve - the country that elected him as its leader, or his business interests. Not only are they two different masters, but they may be at odds in many cases. It's impossible for him to do both, and if he insists that he can he may quickly find himself in violation of the Constitution.

I've already lived through one possible impeachment and an actual impeachment trial in my lifetime; I don't look forward to another one.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Conflicts of interest - MikeC/TX on 12/11/16 7:35pm
 seriously agree...he's not going to stop because he can't -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 12/12/16 5:38am
 Pence might be the failsafe for that -  Moneyman/TX on 12/12/16 7:16pm
 Re: Pence might be the failsafe for that - MikeC/TX on 12/12/16 11:21pm
 The Presidency is a business deal... - CH2inCA on 12/12/16 9:46am
 Re: The Presidency is a business deal... - MikeC/TX on 12/12/16 5:35pm
 Re: Conflicts of interest - Rick Ary on 12/20/16 7:11pm
 Re: Conflicts of interest - MikeC/TX on 12/22/16 5:04pm
 Re: Conflicts of interest - Rick Ary on 12/25/16 7:36pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.