Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Dems passed a tax increase bill they didn't even read ...
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 8/1/17 11:43am Msg #70661
creating a huge tax increase on every adult citizen (either pay the private insurance company or pay the government - either way, money is extracted from citizens just for being citizens), insurance companies increased premiums each year (some by 20-100+%), then several of them decide to get out of the market leaving customers high and dry, meanwhile the Dem tax bill ensures that the insurance companies get paid.

Can hardly be called capitalism by any stretch. Trump wants to end the guaranteed profit for private (publicly held) companies and you think if he is able to do so he will "own it"? I'm not one of those blind Trump followers by any means, but I disagree that he would "own" the mess that Obamacare was designed to create.

The main problem is that now even Republicans have bought into the idea that the government owes everyone healthcare insurance and that the government has the right to force citizens to purchase a product from a private company. < I realize that the SCOTUS bent over backwards to pull something out of Roberts backside to say that - I happen to disagree with that decision. Personally I can't wait for the day that a new case is before the SCOTUS that will allow them to reverse that decision.>

Another thought about the effects of Obamacare on our economy, is anyone really surprised that when the government forces people/families to pay out an additional $3K+/on average, each year (plus 3X's - 8X's deductibles should they actually need to use what the gov't forced them to buy) that it has had a negative effect on our economy? Or why so many people have fallen downward in financial status since Obamacare began to be rolled out? Living paycheck to paycheck has taken on a whole new meaning for a lot of Americans thanks to the Dems and Obamacare.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Trump: No More 'Bailouts' for Insurers n/m - FGX/NJ on 7/29/17 2:39pm
 Re: Trump: No More - MikeC/TX on 7/29/17 6:59pm
 Re: Trump: No More - FGX/NJ on 7/29/17 7:27pm
 Re: Trump: No More - MikeC/TX on 7/30/17 3:34pm
 Dems passed a tax increase bill they didn't even read ... - Moneyman/TX on 8/1/17 11:43am
 Re: Dems passed a tax increase bill they didn - MikeC/TX on 8/1/17 10:44pm
 Dems themselves said they didn't read it. - Moneyman/TX on 8/17/17 4:58pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.