Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: That was a frightening scene ... And more than 5 seconds
Posted by  Yoli/CA of CA on 7/27/23 11:17am Msg #83054
On the news this morning, they said it was approx. 20 seconds that McConnell froze in front of the microphone. Finally, he was led away by (among others) Sen. Barrasso (WY), who is an orthopedic doctor. What's that adage: Is there a doctor in the House? I know that's being flippant. However, in a case like this, I believe it would've come in handy had this episode been that McConnell was suffering a stroke. I'm no doctor, but his recent falls and now his speech failure may all be signs of a stroke or Alzheimer's or possibly a brain tumor. Let's pray that he's just overworked.

Having said all that ... I agree with Linda. There should be age limits for our 3 government branches -- Legislative, Executive and Judicial. C'mon folks! They make, carry out and interpret our laws. Surely, they all should be of sound mind for the good of the Country, Family and the Individual.

Some may argue that a stroke, Alzheimer's or a brain tumor can attack at any age. Granted. However, any of those ailments are more likely to strike a person over the approximate age of 55.

Stroke: http://www.healthline.com/health/age-range-for-stroke#stroke-risk-by-age-range
Alzheimer's: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/alzheimers-disease/symptoms-causes/syc-20350447
Brain tumor: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/brain-tumor/symptoms-causes/syc-20350084 (scroll down to "Risk factors")

PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Sad to see -  Mike Goodey on 7/26/23 7:30pm
 That was a frightening scene ... And more than 5 seconds - Linda_H/FL on 7/26/23 10:25pm
 Re: That was a frightening scene ... And more than 5 seconds -  Yoli/CA on 7/27/23 11:17am
 Yoli, keep in mind too - Linda_H/FL on 7/27/23 11:55am
 Re: Yoli, keep in mind too -  JanetK_CA on 7/27/23 6:58pm
 True, Janet..my thought was a petit mal seizure - Linda_H/FL on 7/28/23 9:03pm
 And to add..he has had several falls just this year n/m - Linda_H/FL on 7/28/23 9:03pm
 Re: That was a frightening scene ... And more than 5 seconds - Moneyman/TX on 8/8/23 8:39pm
 There Have Been Congressional Term Limits -  JerryhFL on 9/18/23 1:56pm
 Thank you for the case info, I had not realized there was 1 - Moneyman/TX on 10/24/23 2:09am
 Re: Sad to see -  Mike Goodey on 7/27/23 3:31pm
 Re: Sad to see...yeah, Mike...just saw that - Linda_H/FL on 7/27/23 5:25pm
 Re: Sad to see -  Mike Goodey on 7/28/23 5:33pm
 Hey Mike? Don't forget ...Trump - Linda_H/FL on 7/28/23 9:07pm
 Re: Hey Mike? Don -  Mike Goodey on 7/29/23 5:35pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.