Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Interesting article about misinformation interview.
Posted by SC/CA of CA on 4/28/24 1:01pm Msg #83235

http://www.cnn.com/2024/04/28/politics/election-misinformation-conspiracy-theories-what-matters/index.html

Some excerpts. Interview questions:

"It’s not your job to change people’s minds, but I wonder, after reporting this documentary, what you think can be done to get people to agree to the same set of facts? "

"Your demeanor when you conduct these interviews with people saying incorrect things is friendly. It’s respectful. I was disarmed by that because, while you do point out inaccurate things people say during these interviews, you also ended up talking to people instead of disagreeing with them. How do you go about conducting these interviews? "
"
Response:
"It’s opening people’s eyes in that way a bit. But I think more importantly, it’s being willing to have the conversation in the first place. Being actually willing to sit down and talk with folks in the first place. "

I give the documentarian a lot of credit for his tempered approach. I would think it would take a willingness to be patient and practice the skill of empathy. We all have such varied viewpoints. I don't think I could be that tempered but am inspired by those who do make that effort. I often ask myself, "how do we engage in discussing misinformation and potentially conflicting viewpoints in a way that is respectful."
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Interesting article about misinformation interview. - SC/CA on 4/28/24 1:01pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.