Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #595442

3 replies
Forseti Real Estate Services
By AliceM/MI on 6/29/18 7:35pm

Any information on this company would be appreciated. do not see them listed with NR.

Msg #595431

2 replies
Washburn Law?
By  ladyknc on 6/29/18 4:08pm

anyone worked with them before?

Msg #595428

9 replies
ENS, Inc. Costa Mesa, Ca Still no payment
By HB_Notary_CA on 6/29/18 1:48pm

DON'T WORK WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!!! Completed a signing for ENS, INC. March 26, 2018, booked via Snapdocs, still have not received payment. I have completed several signings for this company in the past and have always been paid in a timely manner. I have sent several emails to their billing and docs departments, have left messages over the phone and I am still waiting on a response or payment. I have already contacted the title company and have made them aware of nonpayment.

Msg #595415

21 replies
Sent off email this morning re the SC....
By  Pamela/CA on 6/29/18 11:11am

Just letting NR Community understand, that for me, Signing Central was the entire purpose of paying for NR:

"Good morning, my three previous emails to you, and the service.com, and support.com, urls have had no response.

Trying to resolve the problem of self-help postings by Owners of Signing Services who have successfully obliterated low NSA ratings with stellar 5 star ratings. My solution is to have the member name visible on the Rating so that the NR Community can be assured rating has validity or not.

Other NR members have posted or PM me, during this past week, that you and your husband Harry Shoemaker, no longer either own or manage or have abandoned the site and that you no longer "care" what is posted.

Two Members commented, that you cannot add the member's name to a review at Signing Central because the software is antiquated. I disagree with that - the SC site appears to be a regular data input box assigned a value - much like a Word table or Excel. I am very uneasy that the SC can be corrupted by the very companies we NSA's are rating - it renders the SC useless for business pros.

Which brings up another question - if you no longer operate the NR Site then to whom am I paying my Member Fees? I see a PO Box 41400 in Des Moines (where my Dad is from) and the name, Notary Rotary. If someone else owns or manages this Site, I want to know who is getting my credit card info and fees, please."

Msg #595414

4 replies
Notary Journals?
By Alz on 6/29/18 10:46am

What are the most popular and/or preferred notary journal available?

I have always preferred NotRot's version, but interested in knowing about others....if possible.

Any comments and/or suggestions? Thanks.

Msg #595406

4 replies
App 2 pay 4 gas at the pump results in savings $.10/gal
By  Cheryl Elliott on 6/29/18 9:13am

I might give this a shot...depends on what 76 Union is charging for gas to begin with.

http://www.edhat.com/news/gas-pump-app-prevents-credit-card-scamming

Until this too gets hacked.

Msg #595400

9 replies
very sad.....first time home buyers.....
By notarydi/CA on 6/29/18 8:44am

low income....initial loan disclosure....monthly pmts $2300......CD from 3 days ago $2700....final CD last night $3000. Difference is coming from adding PMI and property taxes doubling. Guy is ANGRY. Yelling what is this bait and switch? I just keep telling him he needs to call his LO. LO does not respond. They signed everything, but, not sure they are going to proceed and wire their FTC. He said no one told them about the PMI. He said they may just cancel the whole thing as that pmt is really going to be hard for them. Frown

Msg #595396

1 replies
NotarySearches.com
By Mary Kitrys on 6/29/18 8:02am

Hey - got this email this morning from Notary Searches, any feedback on this?

Msg #595393

2 replies
Signing Wiz updates anyone?
By NVLSlady/VA on 6/29/18 7:40am

Can someone tell me what's up with Mr. John K?

He is looking for a Va notary and his reviews are hit or miss. From SC (most recent): [Jan, chk or Paypal. 5 comm no money. Check came 4.5 months later]

Can't make out the full msg but gist is clear: Work with him at your own risk ... IF you enjoy chasing your $$.

*Please* update reviews if he's paying without issue as he claims.

p.s. No personal experience working with him. If would really be a shame to sound that nice on phone and be a big Liar.

Msg #595369

3 replies
Quicken Loans
By Yoli/CA on 6/28/18 5:21pm

Just learned today that borrowers with a Schwab account get a .25% discount on their Quicken loan. That's a pretty good incentive.

Anyone know what's the affiliation there? All I see is: "The home loan provider of Charles Schwab Bank."

Learn something new every day!

Msg #595368

3 replies
WFG
By Yoli/CA on 6/28/18 5:15pm

Just had a call from WFG. Number came in from landline in League City, TX (caller ID gives person's name). She has a regular refi tonight at 8 pm in my town of Rocklin. Lender is Loan Depot, so no faxbacks. No docs yet.

"Okay, my fee is $125 and I need docs within the hour due to other commitments." (pause) "Oh ... I'll have to get back to you on that as our fee is $85." I asked just to be sure ... "that's with printing 2 sets, correct?" "Yes." "Okay, get back to me on that. Thanks. 'Bye."

Last I heard, Loan Depot package are large and cumbersome. And, they only want to pay $85 to print 2 sets and spend at least an hour at the table???

Msg #595359

6 replies
Ummmm. FTC just posted this Debt Collections..
By  Pamela/CA on 6/28/18 3:12pm

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2018/06/ftc-new-york-attorney-general-act-against-phantom-debt-brokers?utm_source=govdelivery

Wonder how many of those 'Settlements' are scams. Last year I was notified that a car I owned had been in an accident on such and such a date but listed no town, no car license, and had my name wrong. I ignored it - running it online and discovered many others in Bay Area had received the same type of notice.... wanting payment immediately and threatening lawsuit on behalf of their 'client' and providing a phone number to give my bank or card info. I ignored it... but bet many others did not - had just enough infor to make you wonder.

Msg #595354

6 replies
"Verify Your Google Business Listing"...
By FeliseSoCal on 6/28/18 2:50pm

I get calls nearly daily from different phone #'s asking me to "Verify my Google Business Listing"...

Does anyone know if these are legitimate, or phishing scams? I can't seem to directly reach Google for an answer.

Msg #595343

6 replies
Identification Book
By rengel/CA on 6/28/18 1:51pm

Would anyone happen to have an Identification Book from 2008 or prior? I need a sample copy of a California Identification Card issued in 2008. I think I might have a fake.

Thanks in advance

Rengel/CA
SacValleyNotary

Msg #595327

9 replies
Moving into Tucson town...
By  BarbaraL_AZ on 6/27/18 10:37pm

For those who remember me over the last 14 years, I just want you to know I'm still around, still do mostly notary work and only a few loan signings now and then. I lost my husband in December and am downsizing from a 3000 sq ft home to a 1330 sq ft home. COE is tomorrow and I move out of one and into the other on Friday. It's me and my English Bulldog, Miss Georgie Girl - what a team we are!

Msg #595325

25 replies
My last 10 signings
By schlub/NC on 6/27/18 9:52pm

Refi
Purchase
Refi
2nd
2nd
HELOC
Mod
HELOC
Mod
Sale

Yeah, I guess the refi boom is over.

Msg #595305

8 replies
Unacceptable ...
By Yoli/CA on 6/27/18 3:47pm

... fellow notary referred a call to me Monday night that she was unable to accommodate. It was 8:30 pm and lender was looking for a notary for last minute reverse mortgage.

SS had hired a notary for a 6:00 pm signing. She had called and confirmed. Didn't show, didn't call. She seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. She's not answering her phone nor calling anyone. At about 8:40 she called borrower (97-year-old gentleman with full wits about him) and said she'd be there in 10 minutes. No explanation. Lender gave her that benefit of a doubt and said he'd call me back in a few. He calls back at about 9:00 pm. Still no sign. We decide to proceed.

I advise lender I'm about an hour's drive from borrower and I still have to print large (his term) package. So, probably wouldn't get to borrower 'til 10:30 or so. Is older gentleman still willing? He calls him. Well, seems borrower is done for the evening.

What is wrong with this picture!!???? ;(

Msg #595290

9 replies
Early Signing - Do you charge extra?
By Sue on 6/27/18 12:02pm

I just got a call for a 6:30 AM signing for Saturday morning. Now this seems above and beyond "normal business hours" to me so a premium is in order. Thoughts?

Msg #595281

14 replies
Had a doozy last night...
By Sue on 6/27/18 10:10am

Signing was supposed to start at 7:15..docs FINALLY showed up at 9:30. Borrowers were waiting with me at my office, so at least I didn't have to travel. Docs arrive and SURPRISE! they are signing as trustees and must sign with entire verbage: "John Smith, individually and as Trustee of the John Smith Revocable Trust dated April 15, 2012". OMG. Not once did the company say anything about signing as trustees. Needless to say, this took 2.5 hours to complete (2 signers). We finished at 12:20 AM and I didn't get home until 1:00AM. Good thing I did not have any appointments after them. I have had late docs before but nothing like this. Wife had to cancel her flight to FL...

Msg #595275

2 replies
I guess I missed a memo.....
By notarydi/CA on 6/27/18 7:39am

was printing a set of docs last night.....loan processor's invoice was in the package. $1300.

Almost makes me want to go back to loan processing...….NOT! Smile

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.