Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #608678

16 replies
On time, early, or something else?
By Alz on 7/24/19 10:57pm

Do you arrive at your scheduled signings on time or earlier, or perhaps something else? Are there any parameters that would be used to merit one over the others?

I was discussing the above with another colleague and wanted to get a consensus of what other professionals do or don’t do.

Msg #608673

1 replies
Simple Signings, Orange, CA G/B/U?
By FeliseSoCal on 7/24/19 7:47pm

I don't see anything recent...anyone?

Msg #608662

6 replies
It's almost like the old days!
By  LynnNC on 7/24/19 4:28pm

I have 6 closings tomorrow! Early this year, I had weeks where I didn't have that many!

Msg #608661

0 replies
S Notary-Cash Call Mortgage
By Bravo on 7/24/19 3:36pm

Anyone worked for this company? If so, reviews?

Msg #608645

13 replies
Field Choice
By  Suzibelle01 on 7/24/19 10:48am

Anyone worked for Field Choice doing DNA Testing? If so, how was your experience? I have done one for them, easy work, pay not so great. Had three more scheduled but they cancelled two of them and not received payment for the first one - over 45 days late now.

Msg #608644

5 replies
Platforms & excessive emails. I doubt that I'm the only
By  MW/VA on 7/24/19 10:43am

one that gets annoyed with the excessive emails auto-generated by some platforms. I don't work with SD, but there is one co. that fills my inbox with at least 6-8 emails for every transaction. When it's busy, I'm watching email for docs, etc., & have to sift through all the dribble. That's the rant for the day as we approach EOM!

Msg #608640

15 replies
Thoughts please on notary needing to provide witnesses
By  Linda_TN on 7/24/19 8:31am

I got a call yesterday afternoon from 5 Star Signing. GREAT I thought. It was for a last minute sellers only package. OK, I'M UP FOR THAT! And luck be with me, I was told it was in Oak Ridge (the only location I was given) SUPER GREAT - I LIVE IN OAK RIDGE! But could I bring two witnesses? NO, SORRY, I DON'T KNOW ANY INDIVIDUALS WHO WOULD BE AVAILABLE TO ACT AS WITNESSES. At that point the call rather abruptly ended with a Thank you very much from 5 Star.

I know, I know. Time is money. And TC/SS don't waste time talking to notaries that can't take the signing; it's move on to the next name on the list who possibly can take the signing. And believe me, cudos to them for asking about witnesses before the fact. But this is the first time I have had the signing pulled before it even took place because I couldn't confirm, on the phone, that I would be able to get two other individuals to come with me to act as witnesses. The only information I was given is that it was a seller's package, (don't know specifics if trust or some other format) it needed two witnesses, and it sounded like it was supposed to happen yesterday Since I don't know the location of the property, I can't refer to that specific state regs on their policy on witnesses. Since I don't know the lender or title, I have no reference as to their criteria. And since fee wasn't mentioned, I don't know if witnesses would have been a consideration as part of my fee from the SS. Your thoughts or suggestions?

Msg #608629

7 replies
One and Done Signing/Chris Marx - GBU?
By  LynnNC on 7/23/19 3:21pm

Found nothing in SC or with orange search button.

Msg #608623

4 replies
Notary Cloud
By Kathy/NJ on 7/23/19 1:47pm

Does anyone have recent info about them? They're not in my SC, and forum messages I'm seeing are old. TIA

Msg #608607

4 replies
Premier Lender Services
By schlub/NC on 7/22/19 3:12pm

Anyone having trouble with them? I've done 8 signings for them in the past couple years and they have paid in around thirty days. I had a cancellation with them 60 days ago and I am having trouble getting through to anyone to get paid. Every e-mail is ignored or the response say that are "e-mailing accounting". Phones go to voicemail.

Msg #608605

4 replies
What happens when you override your own business model,
By Alz on 7/22/19 2:37pm

strategies, guidelines, etc.?

Errors, errors, and disappointments. Most often than not, could have been prevented and/or avoided. IMHO.

The other day I completed a commercial signing. As part my fee, I meet with each partner at two different locations during the course of the day.

The first partner was squeezed into the schedule, as I had other commitments and he was pressed for time. As a note, he was originally scheduled at the end of the day. Therefore, in an effort to make the accommodation, I rushed through the sign up. Mind you, before leaving, I thought I checked for errors while rushing through. But apparently, I overlooked a signature and an initial. This was discovered during the signing with the other partner. Yites!

Everything worked out, after meeting the first partner the next day.

Even the best calculated plans can go astray. Time to revisit and pay close attention to my company's policies.

Msg #608595

3 replies
Pac Signing?
By irish/WA on 7/22/19 10:51am

Has anyone done any signings for Pac Signing? I don't see them listed in Signing Central.

Msg #608584

4 replies
After years of Reverse Mortgages, I am now seeing LESA's pop
By  Scriba/NM on 7/21/19 7:11pm

up. Probably because New Mexico is in the lower percentile of income. LESA's were actually effectivelyinstituted in 2015 but now I am seeing more and more restrictive measures happening that protect lenders - it's just the way it is. What's a LESA? Those of you who actually KNOW Reverse Mortgages already know. I just haven't seen any real application though, until this year.

LESA's effectively limit the amount of money available to the borrower by setting aside a chunk of the equity to "make sure" there are funds available to pay future taxes, insurance and other property charges. Here's a good article to give one a brief review. Takes the attractiveness out of RM's for many who need the RM in the first place. Such is business.

https://www.myhecm.com/reverse-mortgage-glossary/reverse-mortgage-lesa

Msg #608581

10 replies
Debt Resolution companies - One Example
By  jojo_MN on 7/21/19 10:41am

So many notaries are helping these scam companies without checking them out. PLEASE thoroughly investigate them before assisting them in scamming other people. This is just one of the companies that have tried to have me help the targeted individuals get ripped off.

The signing services that hire you could care less if they are doing this legally or not. They just want their money. Every week I send a text or email telling exactly why I won't accept the job. They just find the next willing notary to do it in hopes that they also could not care less that it is illegal to take the money upfront without actually helping anyone.

End of my rant. Here is the link to BBB of one of them in question. I always check them out. Unfortunately, they don't get to the BBB until after they do as much harm as possible. (This is one that contacted me a year ago.)

https://www.bbb.org/us/az/phoenix/profile/debt-relief-services/rockwell-legal-group-1126-1000046777/complaints#227829820

Msg #608577

9 replies
Remembering PAW Paul A. Williamson
By  Cheryl Elliott on 7/21/19 8:16am

PAW passed away 9 years agooday t. He is dearly missed and left an incredible legacy for notaries coast to coast.

He was a model notary, strong mentor, no-nonsense leader in our industry, who unfortunately passed too early as a result of respiratory complications. Those of us who entered this business 20 years ago remember Paul for his knowledge and professionalism and assistance to his fellow notaries.

Following Paul's passing, NR acquired the intelligence and training model of the NSAR. Paul was CTO/CIO - Administrator/Webmaster of the National Signing Agent Registry.The National Signing Agent Registry (NSAR) was a member-based organization that promoted confidence in our members' abilities, ethics, and professionalism. Originally founded in 2002 as “The Signing Registry”, the National Signing Agent Registry was at the forefront of the mortgage loan signing industry. NSAR provided valuable training, tools for managing notaries' careers, and provided support to those who sought information. The primary goal was to improve the professionalism and quality of service its members provided to the public.

I'll always be very grateful for the opportunities PAW, the Signing Registry and Notary Rotary have made possible for me in my notary career.

All PAW's postings live on in NR if you do an orange search button for PAW or Paul A. Williamson in Inverness, Florida.

RIP PAW. You are still an icon for many of us.

Msg #608562

13 replies
FAX
By  walthtz on 7/19/19 9:02pm

Anyone know the size allowed for an outback fax?
Thanks

Msg #608555

8 replies
Loan App Signings (No Notarization) What to expect-
By ChattNotary on 7/19/19 4:09pm

I normally don't take $50 travel jobs from Snapdocs or any other companies that message me, but this one was an application only, 36 pages and the guy's house is less than a mile from my office. It's a slow day so why not?

They send me the 8 pages of everything I have to do and collect and how they can reduce my fee by not following directions. I emailed and asked if the client had been informed of the copies of documents (bank statements, ID's, Insurance papers, etc) that he was supposed to have for me. I never got a response on THAT question.

So I get to the guy's house and he didn't have ANYTHING even remotely ready as no one had told him that I needed to collect certain documentation from him. I sat around almost an hour while he gathered paperwork. Then I find out that the loan originator will not take pictures taken from my phone, so I had to drive back to my office, make copies, return the originals, do the scan backs and now have to drop off the package at FedEx.

Basically I've put in 3+ hours for what I make doing a 10 minute hospital signing.

Is it typical for these "Loan app only" gigs to be like this? Do they typically NOT have copies of docs ready to hand the notary? Are you taking a laptop and flatbed scanner to people's houses to do it for them?

If they can hand me 8 pages of how they will reduce my fee for screw ups, how do we tack on added charges for when they fail to inform clients of requirements or when they say "Oh no, it's not a VA loan...it's only about 40 pages" and it ends up being a VA loan and 330 pages long?

Seems like all the "about 40 pgs" packages I'm getting lately are pushing 80-100.

Rant over. Thank you :-)

Msg #608546

5 replies
HEALTH ADVISORY FOR ALL NSA'S: HYDRATE
By  PegiT_MN on 7/19/19 12:02pm

It's going to be a rough few days out there for over 200 million people across the entire eastern half of the United States. A massive heat wave with temperatures well over 100 degrees that will affect many of us NSA's and right in time for our busy time of the month.

Stay hydrated, take plenty of water in you car, make sure your car is serviced and tires are all checked so there is no chance of a breakdown on the side of the road.

Stay safe my notary family. Happy EOM.

Msg #608544

5 replies
VA Loan
By  Diann/MI on 7/19/19 11:34am

On the Report and Certification of Loan Disbursement, is it standard to have the spouse sign if his/her name does not appear anywhere on the document?

Msg #608526

12 replies
Did everyone had a record June? June Closing Rates Highest
By grapebed on 7/18/19 8:01pm

in 8 years.

Mortgage News Daily

July 18th, 2019

"Closing rates for mortgage loans were at the highest level in June since Ellie Mae began collecting the data in 2011. The company, in its June Origination Insight Report, said 76.8 percent of all loans closed, up from a rate of 75.6 percent the previous month. Closing rates on purchase loans hit 78.8 percent while the rate for refinances was 73.4 percent. Ellie Mae basis closing rates on applications submitted 90 days earlier, in this case in March."

http://www.mortgagenewsdaily.com/07182019_ellie_mae_loan_metrics.asp

I did not have a record month in June.

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.