Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #598475

4 replies
Electronic seal on survey
By Luckydog on 9/14/18 5:54pm

I learned something new today while doing a Fidelity office closing. They no longer use original surveys with the raised seal...now all are copies that have the mark of the electronic seal, and that is on file and makes them all original and recordable. (guessing like a car title) Interesting to me, and first time I have ever seen this. Every place else local I close at still uses the original survey with the raised seal, and they need to use them sparingly not to run out of them. Anyone else seen this or am I just behind the times?

Msg #598468

6 replies
So I go to a GNW signing yesterday...
By BearPaw/CO on 9/14/18 5:14pm

Dad is in care home and adult son has a durable POA and a trust in Dad's name to sign. I had previously e-mailed as well as talked to the son's wife about Dad's ID and stressed how important it was that it be valid, government issued, etc. No problem, she says. Good.

So at the appt., son's got a boatlaod of papers, and he wants to get started, but I say first things first and ask for the ID. Son pulls out his phone and shows me a photograph of a copy. Yikes! I know CO law doesn't expressly forbid me to use a photograph of a copy on a phone but something told me I didn't want to go down that road. Ever. So, now, in addition to saying we gotta see ID, we have to make clear: NOT a copy of ID, not a photograph of ID, and not on a phone. Yikes!

Msg #598457

13 replies
XYZ is at it again...
By JanetK_CA on 9/14/18 12:40pm

Did you guys get the survey from them asking for opinions re: how much we would be willing to pay them for training on how to get more more NSA work? Give me a break!! The best way they could help me is to stop holding classes! Wink

Msg #598450

2 replies
ENotarypro.com ENotary Pro, LLC
By Dr Glenn Tabor on 9/14/18 8:54am

Anyone have any information on this company? Their area code is in Palm Beach, FL.

Msg #598447

0 replies
Hurricane Florence has arrived!
By  Cheryl Elliott on 9/14/18 7:02am

We are all concerned for our fellow NSAs in the Carolinas, and some of us have family there and other affected areas of this wicked storm pattern.

I received this alert from Calfire on how to reach loved ones and friends who are in those areas.

CAL FIRE
✔
@CAL_FIRE

When disaster strikes, phone lines can become overloaded and access limited. Rather than calling or texting each member of your family, designating a single out-of-area contact to relay messages can help make communications much easier. More: http://www.readyforwildfire.org/Wildfire-Action-Plan/ … #NatlPrep
1:52 PM - Sep 13, 2018

This is from California. Your state likely has a resource also.

We could really use a little of that water here, Carolinas.10 feet of water is huge. Dry as a bone, but temps have cooled this week.

Msg #598445

11 replies
Windows 10 Download
By kcg on 9/14/18 6:23am

I am a relic...I admit that. I was told I needed to download Windows 10. Ok. But I have a fear of that. There are still a few sites where I can get it for free. I was told those sites were safe.

For someone who has recently downloaded it,....did you lose anything? I have Carbonite back up. Is that enough?
I just installed a new Brother printer. Will a 10 download affect that?

Thank you for your responses.

Msg #598444

0 replies
Happy
By Clem/CA on 9/13/18 10:13pm

Gave up 7 jobs, leaving town Fri morning back Mon. night..... Made someone happy !!!!

Msg #598428

8 replies
Food for thought: When was your last fee raise?
By Lee/AR on 9/13/18 8:35am

Most everything we use has increased in price: Paper, toner, gas. Have our fees kept pace?

According to below, loosely translated, if your average fee in 2005 was $125, it should be $160+ today. Check out your numbers:

http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

Msg #598425

2 replies
Had a same day closing on a 1031 exchange
By  Cheryl Elliott on 9/13/18 7:05am

yesterday which meant fax backs. It was a $1.5million transaction of investment property. Wouldn't you think the folks arranging the 1031, and title, could spell the client's name correctly? Last minute docs, a scramble, then 2 correcting settlement statements came to me during the day. I contacted the borrower to let him know I needed another signature, which triggered a call from title. She was so rude and I told her with this last change I couldn't guarantee UPS drop would be possible in the area where client lived. UPS is not that great here at all. Earlier deadlines for areas outside of CA.

She was so rude and berating that I didn't even have a chance to tell her that client's name was misspelled, and we simply lined it out, wrote in the correct spelling and initialled it throughout 20 pp stack of papers. Thankfully it wasn't a larger stack, I would have been there for a whole lot longer. Historically, if client's name is misspelled, I turn back the documents and wait for corrected package. There was no time due to last minute documents. Borrower is 88, he's not that cracker jack fast and horribly hearing impaired!

Sometimes this job simply doesn't pay enough, even when you do get your normal fee. Any way, they'll have a little egg on their faces for the error in handling this huge transaction for a valued client.

Msg #598419

2 replies
Infinity Title Solutions, Inc.
By Jack Roditi on 9/12/18 5:25pm

Has anyone heard of this company and/or done work for them? Do they pay time in a timely fashion?

Msg #598418

6 replies
FEDERAL RESERVE BEIGE BOOK
By  Cheryl Elliott on 9/12/18 5:10pm

For your reading pleasure...google

Federal Reserve Beige Book September 12, 2018

Gives you some idea of what's been going on and what to expect.

Where is my plan B?

The best angle now is to promote the side hustle for training $$$ boasting high signing fees are possible, but not really...sadly.

Msg #598409

2 replies
anyone work for Ferrer, Poirot Wansbrough law firm Dallas? n/m
By Mung/CA on 9/12/18 1:25pm

Msg #598402

1 replies
Anything new on Convenient Closers LLC since 2017?
By  ikando on 9/12/18 9:57am

Got a text from them for a settlement signing ("of only 24 pages") that is located in a rural area over 95 miles away, a trip that will take a minimum of 3 hours driving RT. After reading info from 2017, asked where they are located, and am told it's the same company.

Msg #598391

11 replies
Help with printing
By  Leslie_Mo on 9/11/18 9:07pm

I recently purchased a new computer. Now my printer won't select a mix of letter and legal. It's all letter size. I have to go through the package and find the legal size pages and then tell the printer to print those pages on legal paper. It wasn't that way on my old computer. I've downloaded the printer software, deleted the software and re-downloaded it and it still doesn't work. I talked with the IT guy online and he wasn't any help. I've talked with the store I purchased it from and tried their suggestions. It's just a pain and time consuming when I need to print out docs quickly. Any suggestion??

Msg #598390

0 replies
Help with printing n/m
By  Leslie_Mo on 9/11/18 8:58pm

Msg #598385

2 replies
American Home LLC
By lch on 9/11/18 6:04pm

Has anyone received an email from this company and know if they are a for real deal? I have received two emails but they pretty much say the same thing: "Hello, We are looking for a notary agent to handle our documentations for us. We are looking to buy and sell our estate and we will be glad if you choose to work with us. We are offering $175 per any available closing and depending on the distance. Kindly get back to us if you are interested." Anyone know anything? I didn't see any postings already about them.

Msg #598378

1 replies
Simple SigningsG/B/U
By  oldhippie_IL on 9/11/18 4:34pm

Anyone deal with Simple Signings out of CA?

Msg #598365

6 replies
Jimmy Howe Boca Raton FL
By GAMMYx3/MA on 9/11/18 2:11pm

G/B/U?

Msg #598363

13 replies
Hurricane Florence
By Yoli/CA on 9/11/18 2:05pm

To all our NotRotters in VA, NC, SC, GA and anywhere else that may be affected by this storm, please, PLEASE take the time to be prepared and out of harms way. Work can wait. Your safety comes first.

If you can, please keep us posted.

You're in my prayers.

Msg #598361

5 replies
America's Best Closers
By Luckydog on 9/11/18 1:42pm

Solid 4 stars up until the last ratings of 1 stars...anyone work for them lately to update? Did a good company tank? It looks like they have an exceptional ratings until this past year or so. G/B/U?

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.