Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #612423

2 replies
Vylla Title
By Walt Ashley on 11/16/19 9:48am

Anyone heard of them?

Msg #612399

7 replies
First American Launches Endpoint, Invests $30 Million
By Bear900/CA on 11/15/19 8:17pm

Something to keep up to date with -

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191112005483/en/

Msg #612398

5 replies
Highest earning day since starting this job!
By NK_UT on 11/15/19 8:17pm

Thanks for all of the amazing help and insight provided by the fantastic people who post regularly on these boards. You guys are really awesome. Your advice has helped me improve my table game a hundred-fold.

120 page buyer package done and dusted in 25 minutes. Signer very satisfied. Not a missed signature/initial/date. All blanks filled in. Rolled through the docs with concise descriptions that helped hte signer feel at ease without getting too wordy or explainy.

Getting that out of the way fast opened the door for more signings that gave me my highest earning day, yet.

Thanks again, all!

Msg #612386

9 replies
still cant get to anything
By  canotaryhere on 11/15/19 3:33pm

I posted yesterday about not being able to get to printers. Well if I type in system, control panel, settings, or anything else that should get me somewhere, it doesn't work

Msg #612385

18 replies
replaced by an attorney!
By Connie Thingstad on 11/15/19 2:28pm

I'm so tired of sitting around waiting for documents. I knew when it was 2 hours from the appointment that it wasn't looking good. So they finally sent me a message saying an attorney had to handle this one. Quite alright with me though it was a much higher paying job. Village Capital is the bank. Seems it was like this the last time they talked me into accepting the job. Now one more job tonight in my little rural town!! Rarely have that happen

Msg #612379

4 replies
Hot business and home gadgets for 2020
By  Cheryl Elliott on 11/15/19 11:19am

Take a look at some of these cool gadgets to make things work better.

https://yourtopgadgetsdaily.com/article/topdeals.php?affId=30A00CB5&c1=list-us&c2=desk-1a

Msg #612377

7 replies
Amazon - ordering and resulting scam ...
By  Yoli/CA on 11/15/19 9:57am

I'm posting in DW rather than Leisure 'cause many-a-time we refer other NSAs to search Amazon (and eBay) for printers, scanners, briefcases, etc.

My youngest daughter has a free Amazon Prime account because of her phone plan. She's named me on her Prime account so I have the same benefits as she.

On Sunday, I placed an order on Amazon for 3 items, 3 vendors. Paid with a debit card. I never authorize my debit cards to be stored as payment method. On Monday, 1 of those items appeared as having cleared my bank. On Tuesday, the other 2 items cleared. Wednesday morning, I received an email (supposedly) from Amazon Prime saying:

" (your credit card on file has been declined)
Hello:
We're writing to let you know your recent payment method had been declined. Valid payment information must be received within 3 days, otherwise your order will be cancelled.* Since your card is invalid, your free account is on hold.

"If you don't update your card information in the next 3 days, you will lose access to orders. To continue to enjoy membership benefits, please <visit this link> (hyperlink) to log into your Prime account and update your payment information.

"Thank you,
Amazon.com customer service
{large yellow clickable button} UPDATE PAYMENT INFORMATION"

All the appropriate logos are present. There are 4 clickable hyperlinks - none of which I clicked. The only giveaway is the email address: Kustom Kreations<messages@squaremktg.com>.

I received all items on Wednesday. I rechecked my bank and all items were paid for. I checked Prime account and it doesn't "expire" 'til December (AND, it's free to my daughter with her phone plan so no payment is due).

So many scams out there! We have to be vigilant with emails, phone calls, texts. Sure wish these scammers would put their knowledge and capabilities to work for positive endeavors! ;(

Msg #612366

6 replies
Where are we on AB5 as Independents. 2020 coming fast
By Heather Reinhold on 11/14/19 9:23pm

Who has an update and where can I go for clarity on this issue?

Any information would be appreciated.

Msg #612346

12 replies
can anyone tell me
By  canotaryhere on 11/14/19 5:17pm

why I cant get anything to show up when I type in Printers? Windows 10 I hate it

Msg #612339

5 replies
Max Signing Group
By Walt Ashley on 11/14/19 4:07pm

Anyone worked for this bunch?

Msg #612330

7 replies
Max Signing Group Inc
By Mary Metcalf on 11/14/19 12:48pm

HI, I am unable to find any info about this signing company. I received an email offering a closing with a link to the docs. I did not open the link as I found it very odd that an unknown to me company was offering a closing package. Thank you for your input! -Mary

Msg #612319

16 replies
OpposeAB199 has been given National Recognition!
By  Matt Miller on 11/14/19 10:55am

Folks, writing to share great news. Our opposition movement has mentioned in the cover story of the current issue of the National Notary Magazine!

"Notary Matt Miller of San Francisco, California, who organized opposition to the same RON legislation in California, says his biggest concern is possible electronic privacy breaches of sensitive signer and Notary Information.
"How can a Notary be held to account for the exclusive control of their journal data if you have an online platform involved that then send this data on to yet another third party? Also, what happens when one of these companies goes out of business? Miller said."

Msg #612312

1 replies
Hire Notary
By SueR/CA on 11/14/19 9:49am

Has anyone else worked with Hirenotary.com? What has been your experience?

Msg #612311

1 replies
Jenna Echter - Max Signing Miama FL
By Stephen Wasserman on 11/14/19 9:35am

scam - offered $175. TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. No phone number or fax. Email address is a hotmail account. No such person in Florida. My software blocked where I clicked on their email. Thank goodness.

I'm too old for this.

Msg #612310

12 replies
FL Notaries new forms
By Luckydog on 11/14/19 8:57am

Does anyone have a copy of the new certificate wording for acknowledgments and jurats that indicates if the signer appeared in person or by audiovisual communication for the notarization? We have to change by 1/1/20. I can' t find them anywhere and we can start using them today.

I already checked the Florida Secretary of State’s office however the current samples do not reflect the new requirements.

What a mess if we will have to replace with all new forms in our loan packages if they are not changed.

Thanks

Msg #612274

12 replies
New to Mobile Notary
By Kristina Still on 11/13/19 11:09am

Hello everyone. I am new to mobile notary. I am a loan officer and trying to build that business and thought becoming a signing agent would help me supplement my income in the meantime. I have been a notary for several years. I learned about mobile notaries from working for AAG as a reverse mortgage loan officer. We used a company called The closing exchange. I am signed up with them but have not received a single signing yet. I am in GA. I was hoping you could give me some advice on some other companies that are legit and great to work with. Thanks in advance

Msg #612263

2 replies
Title Helpers
By RMA/FL on 11/13/19 9:22am

Anyone have experience working for Title Helpers? They've called a couple of times when we've been booked already, and - naturally- we don't like to work for new companies without a good reference. Here's their contact info from their website, which doesn't offer much additional info:

Title Helpers, Inc. | 3006 Maple Ave., Berwyn IL 60402 | Ph1: 708.359.6434 | Ph2: 708.913.7008 | Email: closings@titlehelpers.com

Msg #612258

7 replies
Max Signing Group
By LindaP/OH on 11/13/19 7:32am

Any more info on this outfit out of Florida?? (see below discussion) Just received another e-mail, no real details on the signing. It has been sent encrypted--don't think that alone makes it safe to open--tells you to click on link for more details--offers $175.00 for closing, before they asked for your fee. Grammatical errors in message--am I paranoid or do I Run???

Msg #612252

10 replies
Anyone else notice a sudden drop-off?
By NK_UT on 11/13/19 5:36am

Since the end of SD's scheduled maintenance, I have received next to no signing notifications.

I have received positive feedback from the SSs I have been working with. My signers have been satisfied, and my ranking remains high, but the dropoff in signing notifications corresponds perfectly with the end of their scheduled maintenance from Nov. 8th-9th. My last signing was on the 9th (end of the maintenance period). Since the 10th (which is a Sunday, which I have rarely ever received offers for at all), I have received only two or three offers where I would normally get eight or nine notifications per day.

Anyone else been experiencing a dropoff in notifications?

Thanks.

Msg #612250

11 replies
Certified Signing Agt - Notary - Looking for a Scanner
By Cindi Jordan on 11/13/19 12:49am

I am a Traveling Notary/Signing Agent signing and scanning documents sometimes over 150 pages, any one know of a fast processing scanner? Recommendations???? Thank you in advance!

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.