Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Perfectly said! I absolutely agree!
Posted by Signature Closers, LLC - Marketing of OH on 3/20/18 5:40am Msg #591343
Good morning all!

We think all of your concerns about this new feature embedded into our app are all perfectly reasonable concerns and we'd feel the same way. Our intention is not to "spy" on signing agents (although we have always thought being in the CIA would be cool).

The Glympse feature is merely a value added feature that some title companies and lenders feel is a great way to keep signers and loan officers informed with a professional dashboard and location sharing. They also don't have to download the app or anything to view the shared location.

Key points of this new feature include:

1. It's totally optional as mentioned previously in this chain. We think this is most important of all.

2. You have 100% control as to when you initiate the location sharing, how long it's shared, and it automatically turns off once you reach your location.

3. We (Signature Closers) do not have access to your location nor do we care to. We do track that you "Sent a Glympse" and provide that insight to title / lender, but outside of that, we're glad if you share with the signer but we don't have a vested interest in your location.

You may have also noticed we added a "Check In" button to the app recently. Some clients are going to want signing agents to "Check In" to the signing similar to what Title Source (AmRock) has been doing for a year or two now upon arrival. We generally think this level of handholding is too much but some companies will require it and we'll respond accordingly case by case because our goal is ultimate service and anything we can do to deliver that is part of our WHY.

We had an opportunity to initiate this new check-in feature by your location (i.e. when you drive through a location geofence, you receive a notification to check-in) but we opted to do time-based notifications (i.e. your signing is in 10 minutes, the app can ping you then to "Check-in" regardless of location) because the first option involves you sharing your location with us and we sensed there would be concerns over this.

We're not oblivious to the concerns expressed here, but we do see a benefit and it's certainly a way to differentiate yourselves for those willing to use it.

As mentioned, it's totally optional. If we really wanted your location, based on the previous posts, it seems like we'd just need to ask someone in Russia anyways Wink

Thanks for your hard work regardless of whether you use this feature.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Signature Closers has a new app to spy on the notary's - grapebed on 3/19/18 7:26pm
 Re: Signature Closers has a new app to spy on the notary - pdl/cali on 3/19/18 7:31pm
 Re: Signature Closers has a new app to spy on the notary - SteveS/CA on 3/20/18 8:27am
 Re: Signature Closers has a new app to spy on the notary - Lee/AR on 3/19/18 8:17pm
 Perfectly said! I absolutely agree! n/m -  JanetK_CA on 3/19/18 8:29pm
 Re: Perfectly said! I absolutely agree! -  Claudine Osborne on 3/19/18 8:35pm
 Re: Perfectly said! I absolutely agree! - Signature Closers, LLC - Marketing on 3/20/18 5:40am
 I Already Use This Type of App For Another Company . . . - PegiT_MN on 3/20/18 9:19am
 HeHe! "ask someone in Russia anyways Wink" n/m - CH2inCA on 3/20/18 11:02am
 They rarely call now. You have to download their app & -  MW/VA on 3/20/18 1:16pm
 Re: They rarely call now. You have to download their app & -  Mindy/ on 3/20/18 1:43pm
 Re:They only pay $90 for a refi... -  Roger_OH on 3/20/18 2:03pm
 What part of independent contractor do they not understand? - rengel/CA on 3/20/18 3:18pm
 Re: Perfectly said! I absolutely agree! - Noble Ink Co - Chicago on 3/24/18 11:14pm
 i HAVE NO SECRETS! -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/20/18 12:23pm
 Re: i HAVE NO SECRETS! - Yoli/CA on 3/20/18 3:50pm
 Re: i HAVE NO SECRETS! - Signature Closers, LLC - Marketing on 3/20/18 4:47pm
 Re: i HAVE NO SECRETS! - SteveS/CA on 3/20/18 5:30pm
 I have nothing against Signature Closers & have always -  MW/VA on 3/20/18 6:00pm
 Re: I have nothing against Signature Closers & have always -  Claudine Osborne on 3/20/18 8:43pm
 Re: I have nothing against Signature Closers & have always - Signature Closers, LLC - Marketing on 3/21/18 7:56am
 Thank you, Signature Closers, for your selection explanation - Lee/AR on 3/21/18 9:11am
 Kudos on a very professional reply! Thanks! -  JanetK_CA on 3/21/18 3:41pm
 Re: Kudos on a very professional reply! Thanks! - Signature Closers, LLC - Marketing on 3/21/18 4:24pm
 We do appreciate the info, but this is starting to cross the -  MW/VA on 3/21/18 5:41pm
 Re: We do appreciate the info, but this is starting to cross the - Signature Closers, LLC - Marketing on 3/22/18 5:21am
 You're still promoting your business on this site. n/m -  MW/VA on 3/22/18 9:41am
 Re: I have nothing against Signature Closers & have always -  janCA on 3/22/18 9:18am
 There's a lot of truth to what you've said Jan. Thanks -  MW/VA on 3/22/18 9:40am
 There's a lot of truth to what you've said Jan. - NVLSlady/VA on 3/22/18 12:29pm
 I'm not a phone addict & don't have my phone in front of -  MW/VA on 3/22/18 4:01pm
 Signature Closers has a gift with wording things nicely. Yet - NotaryOH on 3/23/18 8:34pm
 Re: Signature Closers has a gift with wording things nicely. Yet - NotaryOH on 3/23/18 8:57pm
 Re: Signature Closers has a gift with wording things nicely. Yet - NotaryOH on 3/23/18 9:31pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.