Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

A horrible situation.
Posted by CJ of CA on 3/26/18 2:12pm Msg #591571
I live in Ventura, so I know what you are talking about. We have also packed our car 5 times because of the fire and rain, but we were lucky that our neighborhood was spared.

However, I don't think that global warming was involved in this. My understanding is that it was a windy Monday night and a power-something broke in the wind and caused sparks in Santa Paula, and that got the fire going. If the hills had not been destroyed from that same fire above Montecito, I hear that the vegetation would have held back the mud.

We live below a cliff and we have never been worried about it coming down, until the flames burnt everything on it. But so far, our cliff has held and it is getting green again.

The whole Montecito situation is so tragic. I understand that who bodies, a teenager and a little girl have still not been found. Frown
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Huge God shot! Had a sellers' package in Montecito yesterday -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/25/18 11:19am
 A horrible situation. - CJ on 3/26/18 2:12pm
 Re: A horrible situation. -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/26/18 8:43pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.