Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: All Florida Divorce
Posted by jamie/fl of ? on 5/6/04 9:09pm Msg #1878
One of the reasons the Supreme Court of Florida developed and approved these forms was that they recognized that 65% of family law cases had at least one party that was not represented by an attorney. According to an opinion I read on the subject on their website they approved the forms for continuity and so that it would assist pro se litigants.

What was happening was all kinds of different forms...some not adequate in one manner or another...were being used by pro se litigants.

Today with the Florida Supreme Court approved forms and instructions the pro se litigants are able to help themselves.

Even so, many of my clients come to my office with the forms in their hands. They are willing to pay for someone like me to assist them because they want to make sure the forms are done correctly and/or they don't want to be bothered. As simple as the forms are the whole process is still somewhat intimidating to many. Many just appreciate having someone hold their hand through the process of preparing the documents.

This is pretty simple to understand. Think about it....how many times do you file your tax returns in your life? And, now there are pretty good software programs that make it even easier. Yet, many people still use tax form preparers.

People don't file divorce every years. They are seeking assistance.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 All Florida Divorce - swestfla on 5/4/04 3:14pm
 So This is What Jamie's Been Up To! - Dennis D Broadbooks on 5/4/04 4:07pm
 Yep! I have been up to some good...beside everything else - Jamie/All Florida Divorce on 5/4/04 6:44pm
 You Might Want to Take a Peek at the Forum Rules... - Dennis D Broadbooks on 5/4/04 7:54pm
 Re: All Florida Divorce - Pam Gibson on 5/4/04 7:07pm
 Re: All Florida Divorce - Sylvia/FL on 5/5/04 9:23pm
 Re: All Florida Divorce - jamie/fl on 5/7/04 7:14am
 Re: All Florida Divorce - jamie/fl on 5/6/04 3:01pm
 Re: All Florida Divorce - Pam Gibson on 5/6/04 7:56pm
 Re: All Florida Divorce - jamie/fl on 5/6/04 9:09pm
 Re: All Florida Divorce - InTheKnow on 5/4/04 8:03pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.