Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

When borrower asks to see YOUR id.... (kinda long)
Posted by SReis of MA on 9/27/07 8:52pm Msg #213558
Although I have come across this 2x before (although always before the closing took place), this borrower really took the cake. Not until after signing all of the docs & then waiting around 20 min while her hubby photocopied the "signed" copies (although I had notarized their copies per their req), did she ask me for my business card. She then asked about my BarID (Ma is an atty only state) & I showed her my bar card. She couldn't understand why neither of these would not have a pic, since her work id has her pic & she is req to carry it. I explained that most business cards do not have pics on them & I have no idea why Mass has chosen not to place pics on our bar cards. I stated that I may have my license to show her if she really needed it. She did.

Unfortunately, I made the big mistake of leaving it at home in my purse, so I could not provide it. She said well you don't live too far (20 min away), go home & get it. UMMM... NO!! I couldn't believe the gall. I had already signed all the docs & sat there for an additional 20 unneccesary min & was NOT willing to spend another hour in travel time. As I explained to her, I called two days in advance to confirm closing, leaving my cell and knew when/where to show up to conduct the closing. I gave her my business card, showed her my BBO & notary stamp; Not sure who else I would be at this pt.

Now, I totally understand about being comfortable & have provided my id in past when req up-front, but if she had had a problem w/me I think she should have said something the minute I showed up. Although I would have been aggravated to return home to get my id, I would have understood a lot more. However, to have been there over an hour and gone over eveything w/them, notarized everything, ane sat there while they copied everything, I thought this lady was totally out of line.

In the end I called title & they allowed the borrowers to ship the pkg themselves. Borrower did not have a prob w/my job but did not trust me enough to have me take the docs.

What have I learned from this??? Never leave my purse at home!!!! ;-)

(sorry so long, but I felt the need to vent!!!)
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 When borrower asks to see YOUR id.... (kinda long) - SReis on 9/27/07 8:52pm
 Re: When borrower asks to see YOUR id.... (kinda long) -  rengel/CA on 9/27/07 9:04pm
 I would never have stood for any of that... -  Roger_OH on 9/27/07 9:38pm
 I keep thinking I have heard the worst . . . - CJ on 9/27/07 9:56pm
 Why didn't you have your driver license with you? -  Joan Bergstrom on 9/27/07 11:29pm
 No license. - CJ on 9/28/07 12:56am
 Re: Why didn't you have your driver license with you? -  OR on 9/28/07 2:04am
 Re: Why didn't you have your driver license with you? - sue_pa on 9/28/07 7:39am
 I'm with Roger n/m - sue_pa on 9/28/07 7:35am
 Re: Got a story, too -  PJM/MI on 9/28/07 7:58am
 Obviously he charges by the hour! n/m -  Dorothy_MI on 9/28/07 8:07am
 Too bad you couldn't charge him by the hour. - CJ on 9/28/07 12:00pm
 A sign of the times - SueW/Tn on 9/28/07 12:46pm
 Re:I agree with some of your points and disagree with others - Carolyn Bodley on 9/28/07 9:31pm
 Re: Re:I agree with some of your points and disagree with others - SReis on 9/28/07 10:13pm
 Re: Re:I agree with some of your points and disagree with others - Carolyn Bodley on 9/28/07 10:38pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.