Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Interesting and almost too big to get my head around.
Posted by  BrendaTx of TX on 3/4/10 7:12am Msg #325274
The other day I was on FB and all of a sudden my computer told me I was infected. Hmmm...do this, do that...hmm. I didn't do any of it. I simply shut the window and clicked on my AV icon and told it to get busy. I was cleared for infection; I believe that part of the infection that we get ourselves into is because we believe and do everything we are told to do. "Social engineering" is a VERY good means of getting into real life trouble as well as computer infection. We do as we think we should, try to be polite, accept things we shouldn't...open doors and files we shouldn't...talk to strangers and communicate by email when we shouldn't...just because we are socially engineered a certain way.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Something to think and wonder about: -  jba/fl on 3/4/10 3:11am
 Interesting and almost too big to get my head around. -  BrendaTx on 3/4/10 7:12am
 Re: Interesting and almost too big to get my head around. -  Patricia/VT on 3/4/10 8:07am
 Social engineering - great perception on these things. -  jba/fl on 3/4/10 8:42am
 "Nice and "obliging" are highly over-rated! -  Charles_Ca on 3/4/10 12:25pm
 Re: "Nice and "obliging" are highly over-rated! -  JanetK_CA on 3/4/10 3:05pm
 I have been living in this h@ll for almost 2 weeks - Laura_V on 3/4/10 10:10am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.