Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

I present a Hold Harmless Agreement, HOWEVER...
Posted by  NJDiva of NJ on 7/28/11 4:41pm Msg #391849
it merely states what my role is, that I'm not an atty, and I cannot interpret the legalities of the doc's. However, I will tell them what role the document is within the package (pretty much what they can read if they were going to sit and read the document.)

I also include in it the Pledge of Ethical Practice which is from the *** and finally I have a disclaimer stating that they certify that they did/will not solicit me in the direct signing of their doc's and further that I did/will not provide info, advice or explanation of any doc's with respect to the signing. I have them date, print and sign their names.

This way if anyone tries to use me as a scapegoat, such as saying I performed UPL, I have the borrowers actually asserting in "wet ink" that I did not.

What's really funny is that I had a title company call me this morning when I was in a closing saying they needed me to call them back about a closing I did on Monday because there was a discrepancy on information I gave the borrower about their documents. Apparently the BO told them that I had explained something incorrectly.

While at the Monday closing, the bo (totally OUT of his mind...duh, is anyone home?) had questions on the HUD. Since it was 8am and his LO was not avail, we called title. What was funny is that the name of the person at title was the same as mine. So when the BO said, "Cheryl said..." title automatically assumed it was me!! lol I made it very clear that it was THEIR Cheryl that gave the explanation NOT me.

It was great timing with title calling while I was in my closing this morning though, because it was my case in point to those BO's why I have them sign it.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Notary hold harmless agreement - jnew on 7/28/11 3:36pm
 If the borrowers are AGREEING to sign it, what's the prob? n/m - FlaNotary2 on 7/28/11 3:42pm
 And exactly how is "establishing a contract outside the - FlaNotary2 on 7/28/11 3:42pm
 Re: And exactly how is "establishing a contract outside the - jnew on 7/28/11 3:46pm
 Re: Notary hold harmless agreement - Sylvia_FL on 7/28/11 3:46pm
 Great minds think alike.. LOL n/m - Bob_Chicago on 7/28/11 3:52pm
 Aren't there a couple of TCs that include these in their -  Teresa/FL on 7/28/11 3:52pm
 I had one in an RM pkg about 3 years ago...I was -  Linda_H/FL on 7/28/11 3:58pm
 Re: Notary hold harmless agreement - Buddy Young on 7/28/11 4:34pm
 There's a SS that includes an HH Agmt in the SS's favor. -  Susan Fischer on 7/28/11 6:13pm
 Agree with Sylvia on this one. A hold harmless agreement is -  MW/VA on 7/28/11 9:06pm
 If this were Facebook, I'd give Sylvia a "like" for her post n/m -  MichiganAl on 7/29/11 1:50am
 I find myself all the time looking for the thumbs up! n/m -  jba/fl on 7/29/11 9:57am
 We need that here. It could make things a lot simpler. LOL n/m -  MW/VA on 7/29/11 3:12pm
 This issue has been discussed all of the way back to the - Bob_Chicago on 7/28/11 3:50pm
 I present a Hold Harmless Agreement, HOWEVER... -  NJDiva on 7/28/11 4:41pm
 Re: I present a Hold Harmless Agreement, HOWEVER... - gowithn/TN on 7/28/11 7:53pm
 Very well said, Bob! -  JanetK_CA on 7/29/11 1:54am
 My understanding is all monies exchanged in the course -  Linda_H/FL on 7/28/11 3:56pm
 s/b Promise to pay by the borrowers...".. n/m -  Linda_H/FL on 7/28/11 3:57pm
 Re: Notary hold harmless agreement -  BrendaTx on 7/29/11 6:37am
 Re: Notary hold harmless agreement -  Belinda/CA on 7/29/11 8:29pm
 I dislike that form - a lot -  JanetK_CA on 7/30/11 11:27pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.