Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: VT Syrup, are there such non-profit organizations?
Posted by  VT_Syrup of VT on 7/22/14 2:43pm Msg #512083
I frequently refer clients of the charity I volunteer for to Vermont 211 (their telephone number is 211). This isn't available everywhere, but several states have a similar program. They maintain a database of charities and government agencies that provide free or low cost assistance (or in some cases, they dispense money to the client). In Vermont it is operated by the United Way. The 211 call takers connect people in need with organizations that can help.

In addition to being available by phone, one can also browse the database on the Internet. I browsed it just now, and did find one organization, GreenPath Debt Solutions, listed in Vermont that provides debt counseling and management. I have not dealt with them, but the fact they are listed in the United Way database seems encouraging. As I mentioned previously, I would not expect this kind of organization to be recruiting mobile notaries as salespersons.

(On a different topic, the database lists notarial services at the county courthouses. I never tried getting a notarization there, but I'm pretty sure it's free.)
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Represent myself as a paralegal - Go2Notary, LLC on 7/21/14 12:15pm
 In FL it's illegal to put yourself out as a paralegal -  Linda_H/FL on 7/21/14 12:37pm
 Re: In FL it - Go2Notary, LLC on 7/21/14 1:02pm
 Re: In FL it -  Claudine Osborne on 7/21/14 1:54pm
 Re: Represent myself as a paralegal -  VT_Syrup on 7/21/14 1:59pm
 Re: Represent myself as a paralegal - Go2Notary, LLC on 7/21/14 3:24pm
 VT Syrup, are there such non-profit organizations? -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 7/22/14 11:59am
 Re: VT Syrup, are there such non-profit organizations? -  VT_Syrup on 7/22/14 2:43pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.