Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

The audit is more extensive than
Posted by Belinda/CA of CA on 7/26/14 10:03pm Msg #512352
a couple of papers associated with a particular loan signing. If all you have is a work order and invoice that is fine. But they want to see your way of doing business, not just a few notes on one loan. It may not be a good idea to lightly dismiss such agreements.

They would be making sure of 11 other factors, according to this contract. They would get to go through your computer to make sure of compliance of keeping nothing associated with customer privacy for too long, firewalls, filing cabinet, phone, etc. What can of worms would that open up? If they are looking to blame someone else you can bet it would be pinned on the lowly notary.

They get access to your computer, phone, pc and paper files, records, everything. And there you set while they paw through your goodies, missing work and paying for the audit "at your expense."

Recently I accepted an assignment. Was told the last notary screwed everything up and made the borrower so mad that they needed another feather smoothing notary to go out there and calm things down while doing the signing. That would be me. I am great at that sort of thing. Come to find out, it was the LO who screwed things up royally, according to the borrower. Instead of the LO taking the blame and facing it like a man he has ruined this notary's ability to work with this title company ever again. Made the notary take the heat and blame when he is the one who messed it all up and ticked off the borrower. You can bet the same trickle down to the bottom would happen in these audit situations. Whatever is wrong is going to be blamed on you somehow and they will stay there on your dime until they find something to prove it is your fault. Big brother contracts are not to be signed lightly.

I got a call from an attorney for a lender in Florida. He said the lender was being audited and was being fined $10K because the ID copy was not present in the file. He was frantically trying to get a copy of the ID and assumed I had a copy. What? I don’t have copies of Ids! Besides that, I had been hired by the doctor to notarize only. I did not walk him through the docs, read any instructions, was not liable as a signing agent. This was GN work. We met at his office. He had the docs, fedex envelope and label. It was all overnighted to him. Then 9 months later this attorney calls and blames me freaking out about how I have cost everyone all this money. Get out of here!

Trickle down! You are at the bottom.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Another lovely contract term with a title co. - Belinda/CA on 7/26/14 11:39am
 Re: Another lovely contract term with a title co. - Lee/AR on 7/26/14 12:28pm
 Re: Another lovely contract term with a title co. - mg123 on 7/26/14 12:33pm
 Audit What? I don't keep anything from signing. - jnew on 7/26/14 1:58pm
 Re: Audit What? I don - Luckydog on 7/26/14 2:34pm
 Re: Audit What? -  Rose/TX on 7/26/14 3:24pm
 The audit is more extensive than - Belinda/CA on 7/26/14 10:03pm
 Re: The audit is more extensive than -  JanetK_CA on 7/27/14 1:52am
 Just noticed "... to audit me at reasonable times..." - Belinda/CA on 7/26/14 3:43pm
 I keep NO PAPER. -  NCLisa on 7/26/14 11:51pm
 I am GLBA compliant. NO worries there. That has nothing to - Belinda/CA on 7/27/14 1:28am
 Re: I am GLBA compliant. NO worries there. That has nothing to -  VT_Syrup on 7/27/14 2:16pm
 Ahhh, how true. There is personal information of others on - Belinda/CA on 7/27/14 9:04pm
 Not setting foot in my office (home) without a court order. - parkerc/ME on 7/27/14 8:52am
 Re: Another lovely contract term with a title co. - LKT/CA on 7/27/14 11:24am
 Re: Another lovely contract term with a title co. -  walthtz on 7/27/14 12:29pm
 Re: Another lovely contract term with a title co. - SharonMN on 7/30/14 2:49pm
 Re: Another lovely contract term with a title co. -  VT_Syrup on 7/30/14 3:03pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.