Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Unfortunately, Brenda, there are multiple items you mis-read
Posted by  Christine/OK of OK on 1/26/15 3:24pm Msg #523130
misunderstood . . . :-(

FIRST: (Putting words in my mouth - that's not good, Brenda. Big Smile )
No where in the original post did I ever state or infer that I "could" notarize the title for her.

Here's what I said to her and what I stated in the post:

"I explained that it is not possible. I said, ‘Yes, someone can notarize it that way, but the Tag Agencies will not accept it/register it.’"

"Someone" sure as heck is not me stating that "I could" and she clearly understood the fact that I would not be assisting her.

Also, please don't accuse me of willingness to be complicit in her efforts. I was excruciatingly detailed in the presentation of the facts of the matter and that I was unwilling to perform the Notarization Act for her. Geeezzzz

SECOND: (Again making presumptions about her intentions)
She never mentioned anything about excise tax. That is info that I knew and to this point in time I don't know whether she is aware of that fact or not.

THIRD: (Another presumption on your part)
The action that I suggested to her was that she should reach out to her favorite Tag Agent directly to do more research regarding this scenario.

FOURTH: (Presumption about the State in which the vehicle was titled)
Don't know how recently the Grandmother moved to Texas, so the vehicle might have been titled in OK or in TX (info was not provided).

FIFTH: (Stated fact misread/misunderstood)
The Mom asked me to notarize the signature of the Son (gift recipient), not hers.

If you do feel the need to reply to a post that is sharing info only (not asking a question or needing help), please do the dear audience a favor and ensure that the facts are all straight prior to depressing the Enter key. TIA Big Smile

P.S. And ya wonder why so many members never, EVER post and why some folks say this is an unfriendly & vicious place . . . Hmmmm!

Well anyway, Best Wishes for Success to All in 2015! Big Smile

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 FYI: Car Gift to Grandson-generation 'skipping'-& Title Tsfr -  Christine/OK on 1/24/15 1:51pm
 Re: FYI: Car Gift to Grandson-generation - Beverly/CA on 1/24/15 2:14pm
 Sweet! Wanted to share because it was 'unusual,' but might -  Christine/OK on 1/24/15 2:19pm
 Re: Sweet! Wanted to share because it was - Luckydog on 1/24/15 2:26pm
 Thanks, Luckydog! Wow, that's interesting. :D -  Christine/OK on 1/24/15 2:31pm
 Yes, very interesting -  Linda_H/FL on 1/24/15 2:36pm
 Meant to add and not overlook. -  Linda_H/FL on 1/24/15 2:36pm
 Electronically held titles - Luckydog on 1/24/15 5:42pm
 Re: Yes, very interesting - Luckydog on 1/24/15 5:45pm
 I see...but you said -  Linda_H/FL on 1/24/15 8:46pm
 I just got paper title for my trailer. Perhaps that doesn't - jba/fl on 1/24/15 9:11pm
 Re: FYI: Car Gift to Grandson-generation -  BrendaTx on 1/25/15 11:18pm
 Brenda, we can't presume that the Mom is employing that -  Christine/OK on 1/26/15 4:48am
 "spouse" s/b "ex-spouse" Tnx :D n/m -  Christine/OK on 1/26/15 5:03am
 Re: Brenda, we can -  BrendaTx on 1/26/15 8:13am
 [Oops...plenty of typos, but I hope it makes sense.] n/m -  BrendaTx on 1/26/15 8:17am
 One change here...I mis-read -  BrendaTx on 1/26/15 8:51am
 Unfortunately, Brenda, there are multiple items you mis-read -  Christine/OK on 1/26/15 3:24pm
 Sorry... -  BrendaTx on 1/26/15 5:07pm
 Of course, u r entitled your opinion regardless of the facts -  Christine/OK on 1/26/15 5:28pm
 Miss your meds today? n/m - jba/fl on 1/26/15 6:11pm
 Bully, bully n/m -  Christine/OK on 1/26/15 6:38pm
 Re: Bully, bully - jba/fl on 1/26/15 6:45pm
 Doing as I always do, call 'em like I see 'em. -  Christine/OK on 1/26/15 6:59pm
 my take - Luckydog on 1/26/15 7:32pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.