Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: and to throw another wrench into the mix --
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 4/19/15 6:07pm Msg #529335
One of my regular clients is an independent paralegal with decades of experience who prepares trusts all the time. It's been a pretty good business for her, and she seems to do just as good a job as attorneys I've worked with (and better than some...)

James, I've worked with - and networked with - a pretty good variety of attorneys and paralegals. I know of one estate planning attorney/notary who notarizes all his own work. I've also found it common practice for some to keep the originals in their offices. Clients, of course, get a copy of everything.

One of those attorneys gives his clients multiple business cards and recommends the client give one to whomever their successor trustee(s) is/are, with instructions to contact his office in the event of their death. That way, the successor trustee doesn't need to have a copy of the trust or know anything about what's in there until (s)he needs to.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Prefer Calif notary answer this question but if you know - Notarysigner on 4/19/15 8:09am
 Re: Prefer Calif notary answer this question but if you know -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/19/15 8:47am
 Re: Prefer Calif notary answer this question but if you know -  janCA on 4/19/15 10:10am
 Attorney moralizing trust documents - Jules on 4/19/15 10:02am
 Much thanks to Cheryl, Jan and Jules for your - Notarysigner on 4/19/15 10:35am
 Re: Much thanks to Cheryl, Jan and Jules for your -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/19/15 10:45am
 Tell me about it....nine years ago I lost a civil - Notarysigner on 4/19/15 10:52am
 Attorneys are human too -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/19/15 11:13am
 Responding here as an ex-CA notary .... - BearPaw/CO on 4/19/15 11:28am
 and to throw another wrench into the mix -- - rengel/CA on 4/19/15 12:52pm
 Re: and to throw another wrench into the mix -- -  JanetK_CA on 4/19/15 6:07pm
 Thanks JanetK for your head's up! n/m - Notarysigner on 4/20/15 10:03am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.