Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

"Getting what we deserve"
Posted by Paul2_FL of FL on 5/30/16 8:44am Msg #553196
This message is a follow on to Cheryl's message below regarding "true facts about RE transactions, lending"...
Within Cheryl's thread there are comments about "getting what we deserve". What exactly does this mean? Are you basing your fees on what you believe to be the "norm" for your demographic or on what you may have surmised from forums such as this one? What exactly do you consider a low fee? (folks in states like CA and OR might consider $100 for a standard single refi a "low fee").
The gist of my message is simply this; unless you know precisely what your costs are (materials, labor, overhead, taxes, etc.) per order, you cannot know if the fee offered is going to be profitable. You can only "assume" that it may be. Even experienced NSA's who "think" they are "getting what they deserve" but haven't done their due diligence may find that they are actually making less than a Greeter at Walmart and, without company benefits!
My advice to all is to make sure that you know each job you take is going to be profitable. You should develop a cost model that captures all of your costs, creates a profitability margin and possibly show you what the offered fee means on an hourly basis. You might start kicking back some of these orders that are being offered.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 "Getting what we deserve" - Paul2_FL on 5/30/16 8:44am
 yup, agree. n/m -  Cari on 5/30/16 8:55am
 Re: "Getting what we deserve" -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/30/16 9:09am
 Yeah I doubt that very much... -  Cari on 5/30/16 9:23am
 by trying to degrade me openly, you degrade yourself -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/30/16 9:49am
 ditto sister... n/m -  Cari on 5/30/16 9:56am
 I agree. The main point is that the lowball fees being -  MW/VA on 5/30/16 9:39am
 Re: "Getting what we deserve" - SteveS/CA on 5/30/16 2:20pm
 Yes, getting a paycheck from an employer is appealing to -  MW/VA on 5/30/16 3:54pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.