Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: well, I dunno if it is your senior moment or mine! I do
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 4/17/18 2:05am Msg #592269
Yes, this topic has come up here before but I'm pretty sure it wasn't by notarydi/CA. I've been asked about this by at least one borrower before, too. I believe I explained to the signer that I don't have the authority to hold the documents. As has been said above, our obligation is to our client. There's no way I would want to get caught in the middle of that kind of situation and it's not really fair for a borrower to put us there. We don't get paid enough! I think I suggested that my borrower contact his LO immediately about any concerns he had and left them to figure it out. Just to be clear, though, I wouldn't take instructions from the LO, either. I'd get title or escrow involved (or ss, if there was one) asap, and follow their instructions regarding disposition of any documents, signed or otherwise.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 so had an interesting scenario this past week...... - notarydi/CA on 4/16/18 3:19pm
 Re: so had an interesting scenario this past week...... - pdl/cali on 4/16/18 3:33pm
 Re: so had an interesting scenario this past week...... - Clem/CA on 4/16/18 4:06pm
 what? Got to think you aren't serious. Call TC or SS while -  sigtogo/OR on 4/16/18 5:55pm
 Interesting scenario this past week...... - Signerbill on 4/16/18 5:01pm
 yes, a test of sorts, I guess.....well, I lucked out...... - notarydi/CA on 4/16/18 5:59pm
 Yes, I have, Di, and it puts us in a very bad spot -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/17/18 9:00am
 I feel like you have asked this before..... -  sigtogo/OR on 4/16/18 5:58pm
 could be a "senior moment", Donna...... - notarydi/CA on 4/16/18 6:04pm
 well, I dunno if it is your senior moment or mine! I do -  sigtogo/OR on 4/16/18 6:18pm
 Re: well, I dunno if it is your senior moment or mine! I do -  JanetK_CA on 4/17/18 2:05am
 Signed, sealed, DELIVERED -  VT_Syrup on 4/16/18 10:17pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.