Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

More ignorance about our field...
Posted by JanetK_CA of CA on 8/22/18 1:31am Msg #597423
I think I found this link (below) on FB by the American Association of Notaries. Not sure why I follow them, because some of the stuff I see from there is just aggravating and frustrating, but I guess it's good to know what kind of pablum is being posted out there in the world. (I do wonder whether they have anyone actually screening the stuff they send out or if they're just putting out anything they can find via web crawler that talks about notaries.)

http://www.govloop.com/community/blog/understanding-notary-public-digital-age/.

This is from some blogger who apparently writes about the digital age. However, he lost me with his first paragraph, which included this statement: "While notary requirements come from a good place — validating the authenticity and accuracy of a document — they’re often unnecessary in our digital world." How much time would it have taken for him to do a tiny bit of research to discover what a notarization *really* is about?! I would have loved to make a few comments about this stuff, but it took me several days to get around to reading this and, of course, I no longer can find it on FB to post a reply. So I'm inflicting it on all of you instead. Wink

I believe this kind of 'wisdom' sharing is a major downside of the internet, and a challenge of our times. Anyone can present themselves as an expert without having a clue what they're talking about... Just thought I'd share to possibly give us something to talk about. Doesn't seem to be too much going on in the notary world these days, if this forum is any indicator. Wink
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 More ignorance about our field... - JanetK_CA on 8/22/18 1:31am
 Re: More ignorance about our field... -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/22/18 7:23am
 Re: More ignorance about our field... -  VT_Syrup on 8/22/18 8:19am
 I agree. IMO the lines are getting blurred because of -  MW/VA on 8/22/18 9:33am
 Re: More ignorance about our field... - jnew on 8/22/18 9:53am
 Re: More ignorance about our field... - JanetK_CA on 8/22/18 5:42pm
 "He lost me with his first paragr." Me, too. - NVLSlady/VA on 8/23/18 4:37pm
 Thanks for your post. I hadn't seen that comment yet. -  JanetK_CA on 8/23/18 9:43pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.