Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: On Bitcoin/blockchain vs. Notarization...
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 10/18/18 6:49pm Msg #599574
"...something about (remote? e-notarization?) being doable because of the unimpeachable capability of block-chain technology."

From the little bit I do understand about all this, there appears to be some truth to that. However, it still doesn't address the issue (I think... Wink) this guy is talking about. Without the human factor, where a person is making a judgment about consent, willingness, competence and probably more, it seems to me even advanced technology is still too easy to manipulate to commit fraud.

What I think many people miss is that notarizing a document isn't a purely mechanical process, as WE all know. And it seems to me that it's just the mechanical side that's so easily replaced. IMHO, the nuance that a human being brings to the situation *isn't* so easily replaced! I'd bet that collectively we all could come up with quite a list of examples where that's been the case...

For example, would it strike any of you as odd if you noticed you'd been asked to notarize the same person's signature on two different documents that seemed to be in conflict with each other and only one or the other could truly represent the person's wishes? I think I'd at least have some questions for the signer. Theoretically, software could be written to counter some things, but I doubt programmers could anticipate every possible scenario.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 On Bitcoin/blockchain vs. Notarization... - JanetK_CA on 10/18/18 2:51pm
 Re: On Bitcoin/blockchain vs. Notarization... - Lee/AR on 10/18/18 4:06pm
 Re: On Bitcoin/blockchain vs. Notarization... -  JanetK_CA on 10/18/18 6:49pm
 Like the lady signing a POA who thought I was a cousin? - Lee/AR on 10/18/18 8:30pm
 Re: On Bitcoin/blockchain vs. Notarization... -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/19/18 8:06am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.