Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

CA Senior ID-bed bound-UPDATE
Posted by LJCA of AK on 5/15/19 2:02pm Msg #606447
California DOES have Senior ID Ombudsman service agents for disabled persons needing a State ID!!

Overview of what I could find out:
Yes, they will send someone to your home, assisted living or nursing home. You MUST have a doctors note in order to even be considered for this program and be bed bound per doctors note.
You can no longer download the form DL 44. It all must be done online. The exception is for a home visit. They will bring the person the DL 44 paper form to fill out.

The Ombudsman will call me back about the information needed if the disabled person lived "out-of-state" and never had a California drivers lic. or ID. The possible documents needed are: Certified Birth certificate, passport (if available), piece of mail of current California address with persons name on it (even a medical record) . If the person ever had a name change, a certified marriage certificate maybe needed. DMV Ombudsman will be calling me back to let me know if a passport will work in place of a marriage certificate since passports are federally issued.

Thanks for the leads & info during my senior ID saga. Highly appreciated :-)

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 CA Senior ID-bed bound-UPDATE - LJCA on 5/15/19 2:02pm
 Re: CA Senior ID-bed bound-UPDATE - Thank YOU!! -  JanetK_CA on 5/15/19 3:13pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  
Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2019, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.