Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: I prefer libraries because they are quieter places
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 10/6/19 8:08pm Msg #610839
I usually opt for McD's, too. The library near me is small with horrible parking. The adjacent city library is better, but often busy, with few tables available, unless you reserve a meeting room in advance (if even possible). McD's also varies from place to place - and time of day. If near a school, after class hours, it can be a nightmare. But aside from lunchtime, they usually work great in a business area. Like LD said, tables are a little larger and some are trying to imitate Starbucks as a place to hangout with a laptop, offering wifi and widened coffee menu.

Naturally, we each have to find out what works best for us in the areas we cover. (There are some great Panera options near me, too.) The key commonality here is a place that doesn't have a wait staff who'd be losing a tip by us taking up a table... As long as there are plenty of other seats/tables available, it's unlikely managers/owners would be upset with us. Some even appreciate us bringing people there - again, depending on the circumstances.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Coffee shop etiquette -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/5/19 8:26am
 Re: Coffee shop etiquette - shooterclay on 10/5/19 11:36pm
 My go-to meeting place is Panera Bread. Large tables, etc. -  MW/VA on 10/6/19 10:28am
 I prefer libraries because they are quieter places -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/6/19 10:36am
 Re: I prefer libraries because they are quieter places - Luckydog on 10/6/19 11:42am
 Re: I prefer libraries because they are quieter places -  JanetK_CA on 10/6/19 8:08pm
 Re: I prefer libraries because they are quieter places - SteveS/CA on 10/7/19 9:37am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.