Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Newbie left in the dark!
Posted by Lily_of_WA of AK on 10/25/19 2:58pm Msg #611519
Hi! Help! I am just learning the ropes and doing pretty well. However, today I have a situation with a signing service that I don't know how to react to.

After being assigned and then confirming the appointment, printing and prepping the docs, paying attention to a million instructions, the signer calls to let me know they "had a disagreement with the lender and didn't think they would be proceeding". I thanked him for letting me know (it was super courteous of him!) and I immediately notified the signing service. This was at 8pm last night. They said they would look into it. I politely asked for an update two hours ago. Now, its four hours until the signing and I am not being communicated with. The job is paying a GREAT fee, and I want it! But if it gets cancelled last minute, I not only do not get that fee, but I have lost any other potential jobs that would've taken its place.

Now, I understand that this is just the way it goes sometimes. I am not upset at having it cancelled. I am more upset that I am not being communicated with. What I want to do is tell them to find another notary. But I don't play that way. I agreed to the job and I am going to do it the best I can.

What would you, the more seasoned NSA, do in this situation? What is the most professional and appropriate course?
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Newbie left in the dark! - Lily_of_WA on 10/25/19 2:58pm
 Re: Newbie left in the dark! - Lee/AR on 10/25/19 3:23pm
 Welcome to our world! -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/25/19 3:55pm
 Re: Welcome to our world! - Lily_of_WA on 10/25/19 5:31pm
 Re: Newbie left in the dark! - Luckydog on 10/25/19 5:47pm
 Re: Newbie left in the dark! - Lily_of_WA on 10/25/19 6:12pm
 Re: Newbie left in the dark! - Lee/AR on 10/25/19 7:25pm
 Re: Newbie left in the dark! - Luckydog on 10/25/19 8:19pm
 Re: Newbie left in the dark! - Luckydog on 10/25/19 8:24pm
 What should you do? Do yourself a favor, while u r still new - grapebed on 10/25/19 7:41pm
 Re: Newbie dark and darker, and darkest - Clem/CA on 10/26/19 12:29am
 My approach: -  John/CT on 10/26/19 7:09pm
 Absolutely....thanks John. n/m -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/26/19 10:49pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.