Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: For Bertreassia Hamilton...
Posted by Luckydog of FL on 12/13/19 1:22pm Msg #613461
I just closed a GA property this week and had to call the attorney. GA has been attorney only state for as long as I have been doing this. I can't imagine anyone living there wouldn't know this.

http://www.nationalnotary.org/knowledge-center/news/law-updates/ga-senate-bill-365
The state of Georgia has traditionally been an “attorney-closing state,” meaning that only licensed attorneys may conduct the settlement at which closing documents are signed. In 2003, the Georgia Supreme Court issued Advisory Opinion 2003-2 in which it reaffirmed that nonattorneys may not conduct any part of a real estate closing.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 For Bertreassia Hamilton... - Lee/AR on 12/13/19 12:32pm
 Re: For Bertreassia Hamilton... - Luckydog on 12/13/19 1:22pm
 Re: For Bertreassia Hamilton... -  JanetK_CA on 12/13/19 2:03pm
 What bothers me is signing services and title companies - Linda_H/FL on 12/13/19 3:19pm
 Thanks for finding that, LD n/m - Lee/AR on 12/13/19 2:34pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.