Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

ServiceLink....
Posted by Lia Williams of PA on 7/27/11 10:12am Msg #391544
So, yesterday 7/26 around noon ServiceLink calls me to schedule a closing for today 7/27 about 30 minutes away. They asked my fee and and I quoted my regular fee which she accepted! I assumed it was because I live in a rural area and they were having a problem finding an available agent to do it for less. I received my closing cofirmation immediately. Now the closing is at 10am. It is 9:30am. I not only have no docs, but I have been trying to get someone (scheduler and team leader) to call me back or e-mail me back. I emailed at 8:10 because they weren't open when I called at 7:30am and I left 2 detailed messages on the team leader voicemail since 8:30am. Nothing. My prediction is that they kept calling for notaries and found someone who will do it for their regular measely fee. I will be calling the borrower closer to 10:00am to advise that I haven't received docs and haven't received any response from ServiceLink as to when they will be received. I will not be shocked if he says someone else is there with papers to sign.

OK, I made my call. Borrower has no info. I still have no docs. I called ServiceLink again (3rd time). Again put through to the person I left 2 messages for since 8:30am and she finally picks up. She tells me they overnighted them to my home. Ummmmm.... no one ever said anything about overnighting them. To the contrary, my confirmation says they will be e-mailed as an attachment. So here my docs sat on my front porch. No one overnights docs hardly any more and if they do, they tell you! It's way after the closing time, I just found the docs on my front porch and she seems like she could care less. Just like when I finally got her on the phone and said hey no docs! Most people would be freaking out or showing some hint of concern for a less than smooth closing. At this point, I still have ServiceLink on the phone and I complained about not being told about the closing docs being overnighted and her not returning my 2 phone messages or e-mail which would have cleared up this problem had she responded. Then I asked about my fee being reduced because of the overnight (I thought about that because of all the posts I just read on here about that). It was. I told her "this is what you guys do. You agree to a fee making us think docs will be e-mailed when you know docs will be overnighted and then slip in a lower fee". Her response was "excuse me?" She offered to cancel me from the closing and I said "yes, PLEASE cancel me." And then she told me cancelling would result in her giving me bad marks in their system. (BAD signing agent! Me bad marks??? I'm the only one who seemed to give a darn about this closing! Put some bad marks in for yourself while your at it!) I told her to remove me altogether. I called the borrower and let him know I wouldn't be coming and why. I've never done that. I've been a full time independent closer since 2003 and have only cancelled twice. Once due to illness, and once due to a snow storm. I felt very bad for the borrower, but at some point you have to take a stand. And it's not like ServiceLink gives me a ton of business. A few a year. Five minutes later the servicelink employee called and left a message all pleasant reminding me to shred the document and that there is no need to call the borrower. He'd be advised of the change. I wonder what lie about me they'll tell.....

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 ServiceLink.... - Lia Williams on 7/27/11 10:12am
 simple solution -  MonicaFL on 7/27/11 10:17am
 NSC did the same a couple years ago -  Linda_H/FL on 7/27/11 10:25am
 Re: NSC did the same a couple years ago - Lia Williams on 7/27/11 11:11am
 Re: ServiceLink.... -  Frank/NC on 7/27/11 10:32am
 Re: ServiceLink.... - Lia Williams on 7/27/11 11:30am
 Re: ServiceLink.... -  Moneyman/TX on 7/27/11 11:49am
 Re: ServiceLink.... - Lia Williams on 7/27/11 12:00pm
 Re: ServiceLink.... -  Frank/NC on 7/27/11 1:13pm
 Re: ServiceLink.... - Lia Williams on 7/27/11 3:55pm
 I gotta agree with Frank. - Riley/FL on 7/27/11 1:03pm
 Re: I gotta agree with Frank. -  Moneyman/TX on 7/27/11 1:33pm
 Re: I gotta agree with Frank. - Lia Williams on 7/27/11 3:47pm
 Linda is giving you good advice. You how -  Notarysigner on 7/27/11 10:34am
 Re: ServiceLink.... - BrotherOwner on 7/27/11 11:37am
 Re: ServiceLink.... - BrotherOwner on 7/27/11 11:42am
 Re: ServiceLink.... - Lia Williams on 7/27/11 11:47am
 The great thing about being a signing agent - Blueink_TN on 7/27/11 2:04pm
 You obviously haven't gotten the call yet about fees. -  Philip Johnson on 7/27/11 3:41pm
 Re: You obviously haven't gotten the call yet about fees. - linda/ca on 7/29/11 2:38am
 Re: The great thing about being a signing agent - Lia Williams on 7/27/11 4:01pm
 Re: The great thing about being a signing agent - supersigner on 7/27/11 4:06pm
 Re: The great thing about being a signing agent - Blueink_TN on 7/27/11 4:38pm
 If you're going to compare... -  NJDiva on 7/27/11 4:43pm
 Re: If you're going to compare... - Blueink_TN on 7/27/11 5:29pm
 You talkin ta me???? -  NJDiva on 7/27/11 9:47pm
 Re: ServiceLink.... - linda/ca on 7/29/11 2:36am
 Okay..here's what I"m getting from this... -  Linda_H/FL on 7/27/11 9:14pm
 Re: Okay..here's what I"m getting from this... - Lia Williams on 7/28/11 8:49am
 I am totally on board and understand what you are saying. -  jba/fl on 7/28/11 9:21am
 Re: ServiceLink.... - jnew on 7/28/11 12:53pm
 Re: ServiceLink.... - Chip/TN on 8/18/11 3:22pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.