Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Blue Monday, losing my sense of humor
Posted by parkerc/ME of ME on 9/29/14 5:17pm Msg #516174
I know that some of you are still getting a steady flow of signings from companies that actually meet your historical fees and you probably don't have the time to do this, but on refinances I usually try to do some preliminary research on the web and find (in county register of deeds) the previous recorded mortgage/DOT and see what their signatures look like there. Gives me a heads up as to how the name(s) were reflected and signed (e.g., Jr, Sr., maiden, etc.) and a general idea as to whether they normally had a "legible" signature vs. an illegible "this is my normal" signature. If they scrawled a signature on that, and they scrawl a signature again....well, there ya' go. Of course, if you are one of the rare agents who is actually so busy you are basically printing and running (oh, for those days!), there would probably be no time to do this.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Blue Monday, losing my sense of humor -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/29/14 10:35am
 Re: Blue Monday, losing my sense of humor - Ireneky on 9/29/14 10:55am
 Re: Blue Monday, losing my sense of humor -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/29/14 10:58am
 Your mistake was .... - BearPaw/CO on 9/29/14 12:21pm
 Re: Your mistake was .... - rengel/CA on 9/29/14 2:07pm
 Re: Blue Monday, losing my sense of humor - Karla/OR on 9/29/14 3:49pm
 Re: Blue Monday, losing my sense of humor -  JanetK_CA on 9/29/14 5:04pm
 Re: Blue Monday, losing my sense of humor - parkerc/ME on 9/29/14 5:17pm
 Great Idea, parkerc/ME-Cheryl. But you're right, I truly -  Christine/OK on 9/29/14 5:31pm
 Parker, I would have to PAY to pull recorded doc images.. - Darlin_AL on 9/29/14 7:36pm
 Agree w/ JanetK: some people from other countries learn - HrdwrkrVA on 9/29/14 7:41pm
 Re: Agree w/ JanetK: some people from other countries learn -  Claudine Osborne on 9/29/14 8:15pm
 Re: Blue Monday, losing my sense of humor -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/30/14 8:58am
 nanner, nanner, nanner...I got the fax fee. -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/30/14 7:36am
 Re: Blue Monday, losing my sense of humor - Bryan LeFew on 9/30/14 8:27am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.