Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

What fart? Did somebody fart? LOL
Posted by BearPaw/CO of CO on 3/29/15 1:58pm Msg #527776
Well, for the nursing home/hospital signings we would go all out to physically accommodate the signer, of course.

Thing is about sofa signings, though, I get the idea sometimes that nobody has ever come to the borrower's house to conduct business until we show up. They think this is another cocktail party or a home call from their minister and try to seat you on the sofa with dim to no lighting, thinking they're being polite .... at which time we gently point at the mustard/honey/ketchup/BBQ-sauce/grease-covered kitchen table. But sometimes, they're serious about the sofa/coffee table arrangement, cos they actually don't have a table or it's in another room they don't want you to go into ... and believe me you probably would never want to go into, either. But if I'm stuck on/in a sofa, they do all the stretching involved. I'm not cut out for the gymnastics.

Oh, and this is another reason, I always ask borrower during confirmation call if they want me to come to their house or meet somewhere else. Many times they're taken aback cos their stupid LO made it sound like a home-signing was the only way to go .... and they take me up on a fast-food/Starbucks/library location. I sure would. I wouldn't want to have to clean my house just for some NSA!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 When the client/borrower decides how you will conduct the -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/28/15 10:17am
 good grief--hate that coffee table cr_p - Darlin_AL on 3/28/15 10:43am
 I was grateful that yesterday, four signers -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/28/15 10:57am
 Coffee/ TV/ snack/sticky/messy/no tables - Bob_Chicago on 3/28/15 10:59am
 Bob---ha ha, do they ask if they could keep it, like they - Darlin_AL on 3/28/15 11:00am
 Hasn't come up yet, but they all seem to love my Sam's Club - Bob_Chicago on 3/28/15 11:05am
 Re: Hasn - Darlin_AL on 3/28/15 11:25am
 Re: Coffee/ TV/ snack/sticky/messy/no tables -  JanetK_CA on 3/28/15 3:56pm
 Re: When the client/borrower decides how you will conduct the - Karla/OR on 3/28/15 1:06pm
 When in Rome, do as the Roman's do, but at the signing table -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/28/15 1:13pm
 Yep Cheryl, wanted to slap him and ask where his manners went!! (O: n/m - Karla/OR on 3/28/15 3:16pm
 Re: When the client/borrower decides how you will conduct the -  Yoli/CA on 3/28/15 1:19pm
 Re: When the client/borrower decides how you will conduct the - Karla/OR on 3/28/15 3:13pm
 Karla: I'll PM you with that n/m -  Yoli/CA on 3/28/15 3:29pm
 Got it! Thank u!! (O: n/m - Karla/OR on 3/28/15 5:22pm
 Forget about a little burp - BearPaw/CO on 3/28/15 6:02pm
 Re: Forget about a little burp - Karla/OR on 3/29/15 1:30pm
 What fart? Did somebody fart? LOL - BearPaw/CO on 3/29/15 1:58pm
 Re: What fart? Did somebody fart? LOL - Karla/OR on 3/30/15 3:21am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.